The online racing simulator
EVGA UV Plus+ (USB Multi-Monitors!)
Hi,

Was just reading about the EVGA UV Plus+. Its a little USB box that plugs into your USB socket, which adds another VGA socket onto your PC, in theory. Here's the review:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=555&type=expert

Here's the interesting bit:

Quote :Even though the sample we had was a hand built pre-production sample I have to say I was pretty impressed with the EVGA UV Plus+. The final version will definitely be a little bit prettier and won't have any odd logos engraved in it but the important part is obviously in its ability to perform. In my testing the UV Plus+ more than met expectations by easily provided extra virtual desk space on an additional monitor by utilizing only a single USB port and not requiring an extra graphics card. If you really need a TON of work space the EVGA UV Plus+ can support as many as six devices attached to single computer - that would provide 7+ monitors for all your financial analysis, web browser, twitter, facebook-ing needs. Any user that find themselves out of monitor real estate that can't or doesn't want to open their computer to add in another graphics card will find the EVGA UV Plus+ to be the perfect fit.

Sounds like a perfect little piece of equipment! After reading the review though i'm in question - this is where you guys help out.

I've currently got one monitor, ordered another. A while ago I tried 2 monitors and it didn't work properly. My graphics drivers kept failing. But - those two had different aspect ratios (one 5:4, one 16:9) so I thought that was the problem.

The screen i've ordered is the same size/resolution as my current screen, if that doesn't work properly with my graphics card then i could use one of these little boxes plugged into USB and that could work. Does anyone know if it would work this way and how it would perform in gaming? I have a few race sims that work across multiple screens.

Hope you enjoyed a long boring read.
Cheers,
Jack.
#2 - Jakg
Does this use your graphics card or what?

Your graphics drivers should support different aspect ratios fine btw.
Quote from Jakg :Does this use your graphics card or what?

Your graphics drivers should support different aspect ratios fine btw.

So don't you think that the aspect rations were to blame for my driver failures?

Thats not the answer I was hoping for.
Quote from mcintyrej :So don't you think that the aspect rations were to blame for my driver failures?

Thats not the answer I was hoping for.

I use two monitors, a Samsung 757MB (CRT,1360x1024@75Hz) and a LG 194WT widescreen (LCD,1440x900@60Hz) without problems so you shouldn't have any problems either.
Hmm, you think it could be to do with the drivers I was using when I tried?
#6 - Jakg
I run a 16:10 and 2x 4:3 (or whatever it is) TFTs just fine....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG