The online racing simulator
Living For Speed
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Smax
Living For Speed
21.6Mb DivX Download here...

http://www.filefactory.com/get ... =22ca2fdc351dbd15f0c1ec78

It's a kinda "ooh look this game is cool and has cars in it" clip, there's no particular story to the thing. Capped with FRAPS, edited with Premiere and messed with by After Effects. I'm a little disappointed with the quality in places, but I can't post the 720x576 DV.avi 'cos it's just over 800mb...

I've ripped a few sounds from my extensive collection of car pron, and before you all line up with your slap smilies I'd like to point out that I know I haven't been ever so consistent or accurate in their application, but they're not present for much of the clip....

Comments and opinions are always welcome.
Can't get it

Quote : Filename : LivingForSpeed.divx
Size : 21.618 MB
Warning: ftp_login(): ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (dl007-p.filefactory.com for verification purposes only) [10.10.10.9] in /var/www/html/includes/ff_files.class.php on line 397
Alert ! -- The file has failed verification, Please report so as corrective measures can be taken

Yup, upload it to the Moviespit. :|
#4 - Smax
It gave me a very similar error to that once immediately after I uploaded it, however I have just checked it all the way through to actually beginning the download and it worked fine for me [I use I.E]. I think their servers might well be a bit dodgy....how would I go about uploading it to "Moviespit"...have to confess I've never heard of that one.
Fallow the link in my sig
what is the file name on LFS movies? i couldnt see a 'living for speed' as the title suggests.
#7 - ORION
I guess he rather wanted to direct Smax to the place where he has to upload the file
#8 - Smax
Right then now that I have realised that LFS Movies pit is not something called "movie spit", illepall which for some reason is how I read what Deggis typed, i've uploaded it to the FTP over there... I presume that someone else has to add the link to the page of movie downloads since I can't for the life of me see a button to click and do it myself.
Pinched it straight off the ftp

Great movie - I really liked it. Okay, so it's not my favourite music style, but it really suited the visuals. Really nice work!!!!

The only bit that didn't 'fit' was that UF1 crash. Just seems out of sorts with everything else...
Added to movies list
Quote from Smax :Right then now that I have realised that LFS Movies pit is not something called "movie spit", illepall which for some reason is how I read what Deggis typed

LOL I should have posted a link.

OK movie. But a bit too much everything from here and there if you know what I mean.
#12 - Smax
Quote from tristancliffe :Pinched it straight off the ftp

Great movie - I really liked it. Okay, so it's not my favourite music style, but it really suited the visuals. Really nice work!!!!

The only bit that didn't 'fit' was that UF1 crash. Just seems out of sorts with everything else...

Yeah that crash is rather slow compared to the rest of the action. I'm still new to the game, and haven't seen many things like that happen out on track, so when somebody sent me that replay I thought "hey that's unusual and cool I should stick it in my film" Maybe I should have speeded the footage up or made it strobe like a mofo or something....

Quote from deggis :LOL I should have posted a link.

OK movie. But a bit too much everything from here and there if you know what I mean.

Yeah I do, I suppose this was supposed to be a stylised overview of some of what the game is about, perhaps more for people who've never seen it before.You're right in that it's just a load of clips smashed together without a cohesive storyline, this one is more about me playing with the visuals to add contunuity than it is about the clips necessarily making sense in the context of each other.
Reason being I have to provide work for an end of year degree show, and it has to be as varied as possible, so I made that as part of the fifteen minute slot I have to fill since I think it might look quite cool played on the full sized cinema screen at the university arthouse cinema that we'll be using.

Thanks for the comments...
I liked
You showed your style!!!
Great movie Smax (didnt I tell you this on msn??? )

Living For Speed
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG