The online racing simulator

Poll : New start time or no?

-3 hours (18:00 CEST / 16:00 UTC / 12:00 EST)
-1 hour (20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 14:00 EST)
No change (21:00 CEST / 19:00 UTC / 15:00 EST)
-2 hours (19:00 CEST / 17:00 UTC / 13:00 EST)
Quote from joshdifabio :Hmm, why's that?

Simply because most people i know in the UK are usually having their evening meal sometime between 5pm and 7pm.
I certainly don't want to start racing at 5 in the afternoon. As the poll stands I'm in the minority. If the start goes back three hours then i will be pulling out, not something i want to have to do as it's by far the best league I've driven in.
So i voted -1 hour for purely selfish reasons, as most people do

Quote from joshdifabio : If everybody votes for what they want, and not what they think the majority want then we'll get the most representative solution.

Well done for stating the obvious That's what i hope most people do with polls
Nah Moose, I vote for majority. Remember that "Most realistic game ever"... I voted NFS because the majority thought so too.
I'm mostly indifferent but I've grown fond of being able to sleep in, screw around a bit, and then get in some practice pre-race, so I voted to keep it as is. :P I don't think any of these start times would realistically annoy someone in the US though (besides scheduling conflicts), still much better than waking up at 5 am etc. for MoE. Earliest this would make someone wake up is 9 am on the west coast.
#29 - SamH
Moderately indifferent here, but I voted -2.

The late, late finishes are hard for us old farts and everybody knows I like to be tucked in with me cocoa by 9pm
saturday is workday here, and we are UTC-3 in Argentina. 3 hours earlier will compromise our job, but if actual start time is late, i voted -1 hour.
Actually if we want to keep the origin start time we should move the current start time one hour back due to the day light saving time.
Earlier 19.00 UTC ment 20.00 CET (Central European Time) but now with the change to summer time it means 21.00 CEST.

We should have moved the starting time to 18.00 UTC to get 20.00 CEST as it was before direct the summer time started.

For the next season we could discuss if we want to start even earlier, but the change above should be done right now.
#32 - MxN
19:00-17:00 UTC is very hard for us. With start at 19:00 UTC the finish will at 4 a.m. in local time.
At this point it seems somewhat likely that we will move the time back 1 hour for the remainder of this season, to compensate for daylight savings time. For the next season we'll look into a more drastic change, but it wouldn't be fair to change it that much in the middle of this season.
Wait, do we change start time for next race (AS4)? We start Round 4 in 19 GMT/UTC or in 18 GMT/UTC?
next round is 18 utc, so local time will be the same as earlier this season.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG