The online racing simulator
Computer Advice
(9 posts, started )
Computer Advice
Hello all I'm thinking about getting a new computer thats for gaming or very powerful, so my question is what kind of computer do you reccommend? I would prefer the computer to be under $4000 Canadian and i think thats around 2000 pounds
#2 - Jakg
Can you build a computer yourself? Do you have any special requests for stuff? Will you keep any parts from your current one?
Quote from Jakg :Can you build a computer yourself? Do you have any special requests for stuff? Will you keep any parts from your current one?

No I can't build it myself cause i don't know how
The only requests i have are it has to be powerful and good for gaming.
No i won't keep any parts from my current comp becuase they all suck its so slow
Quote from swisscosmo :No I can't build it myself cause i don't know how

If you can put lego together you can assemble a computer. I don't think it's physically possible to do it wrong.
www.dell.com

Really, I guess, the best option if you really don't want to build it yourself. Look at their XPS Desktop systems.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't think it's physically possible to do it wrong.

You'd think so, but the people who sand off the pins of CPU's ("they looked dangerous") or the person who "converted" their PCI-e 7800GT to AGP using a hacksaw (!) beg to disagree.
Quote from Jakg :You'd think so, but the people who sand off the pins of CPU's ("they looked dangerous") or the person who "converted" their PCI-e 7800GT to AGP using a hacksaw (!) beg to disagree.

What utter numptys!!! A good hammer would suffice for both issues...Easier to flatten those dangerous spikes in the CPU than to file them off, and a good solid whack with a hammer will seat the most stubborn card in ANY slot!!!

(by the way, before anybody tries this, I WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!!!)
$4000 will get you the absolute best. Do you actually want to spend it all? Also, putting a computer together is not very hard, and gets much easier after your first time. Look on Youtube or Google for videos or guides on how to put a PC together.
#9 - Lible
Give me 150 pounds and I'll tell you what to buy.

I guess your best choice at that price would be alienware http://www.alienware.com

Computer Advice
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG