The online racing simulator
WRC Jordan
(25 posts, started )
WRC Jordan
Anyone think the ford team, Hirvonen and Latvala deserve some kind of penalty for deliberately slowing down at the end of stage 16 so that Sordo would have to run first on day 3 to clean the road for them?
Quote from hungryhippo :Anyone think the ford team, Hirvonen and Latvala deserve some kind of penalty for deliberately slowing down at the end of stage 16 so that Sordo would have to run first on day 3 to clean the road for them?

No becuase now there behind.
Actually Hirvonen won. Latvala broke something and dropped out. Cant say i care much what they do WRC is on its last legs anyway.
#4 - ajp71
No but I believe the FIA should be shot for using silly rules to artificially increase competition. They may as well pull the winner out of a hat BTCC style.
This is how it used to be previously. No idea why they moved back to this this season. Bringing "tactic" to it is just bs.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Actually Hirvonen won. Latvala broke something and dropped out. Cant say i care much what they do WRC is on its last legs anyway.

But Loeb is behind now meaning it sudenlly got more intresting.
#7 - JCTK
Quote from hungryhippo :Anyone think the ford team, Hirvonen and Latvala deserve some kind of penalty for deliberately slowing down at the end of stage 16 so that Sordo would have to run first on day 3 to clean the road for them?

why should they be penalised~? it's all part of tactic...

it has been this way ages ago, where car would delibrately try to out-slow each other so they won't have to be first on the stages the next day... obviously that got changed and now FIA decided to change it back...
Wow Atkinson got 3rd, solberg is getting distroyed this year.
#9 - JCTK
Quote from Mustafur :Wow Atkinson got 3rd, solberg is getting distroyed this year.

a 3rd is still a 3rd despite finishing 3min off the lead...

Solberg was challenging for the lead on day 1, until a rock suddenly found its way onto the stage and u can guess it Solberg hit it (again!) and retired (again!)...
Quote from JCTK :a 3rd is still a 3rd despite finishing 3min off the lead...

Solberg was challenging for the lead on day 1, until a rock suddenly found its way onto the stage and u can guess it Solberg hit it (again!) and retired (again!)...

Still Atkinson is just a hell of lot more consistant(which was the exact opposite of last year), he has already equaled his points from last year.
Quote from JCTK :why should they be penalised~? it's all part of tactic...

it has been this way ages ago, where car would delibrately try to out-slow each other so they won't have to be first on the stages the next day... obviously that got changed and now FIA decided to change it back...

Its a race so every driver should be going all out to win. Not arsing around deliberately slowing down.
#13 - wien
Quote from JCTK :until a rock suddenly found its way onto the stage and u can guess it Solberg hit it (again!) and retired (again!)...

Actually, he had a hydraulics failure which leaked oil and eventually caught fire. He didn't actually hit anything when it happened (or so he says).

I don't know what it is with him these days to be honest. It seems like he has extraordinarily bad luck with all these technical failures, but it may be he's just driving the car to destruction. A bit of both probably.

Quote from hungryhippo :Its a race so every driver should be going all out to win. Not arsing around deliberately slowing down.

Rallying has never really been about that though (though the FIA is trying it's best to make it like that with all their stupid rules and the ever shortening stages). It has always about talking measured risks, and knowing when to back off and save the car. Even if that means slowing down on purpose to get an advantage later in the rally. Going all out, balls to the wall in rallying is stupid and will eventually get you killed.
yes, i agree with you that going nuts 100% of the time in rally will get you killed. the drivers should drive as fast as safely possible for the conditions which will require going slowly every now and then BUT going slowly to deliberately lose positions is a very dirty tactic in my book. If you are going to win then drive your best but to make your closest rival go first to clean the road for you cause it might be a bit slippery out there is dirty.
Now more than ever drivers are trying to go 100%. Same stages driven twice a day etc. and much shorter stages which means you have to drive 99%.
Quote from hungryhippo :yes, i agree with you that going nuts 100% of the time in rally will get you killed. the drivers should drive as fast as safely possible for the conditions which will require going slowly every now and then BUT going slowly to deliberately lose positions is a very dirty tactic in my book. If you are going to win then drive your best but to make your closest rival go first to clean the road for you cause it might be a bit slippery out there is dirty.

But how is it dirty, i mean the others can do it to.
Quote from wien :
Rallying has never really been about that though (though the FIA is trying it's best to make it like that with all their stupid rules and the ever shortening stages). It has always about talking measured risks, and knowing when to back off and save the car. Even if that means slowing down on purpose to get an advantage later in the rally. Going all out, balls to the wall in rallying is stupid and will eventually get you killed.

The point of a special stage rally is to be the fastest across several days of long difficult stages and find a balance between consistency/safety and raw speed. If you've got drivers slowing down to deliberately loose time something has gone very wrong. IMO the order should be set at the start of the rally and left the same, I also don't see why slower cars can't clear the stages before the WRC.
Quote from Mustafur :But how is it dirty, i mean the others can do it to.

Its dirty in that it doesnt break the rules but its not good sportsmanship
But if the others can do it too, then there is nothing wrong.
maybe its just me then. Would you seriously be happy winning a race that way?
#21 - wien
By being tactically smarter than the opposition? Yes, I would. It's all part of the game. I wouldn't mind if the rules for who goes first were different (for instance decided prior to the rally like ajp71 suggested), but when the rules are the way they are I would most definitely take advantage of them if I gained from it. I would expect others to do the same.
we will have to agree to disagree then.
#23 - JCTK
Quote from hungryhippo :we will have to agree to disagree then.

back in the good old days of WRC, we often see several drivers all trying to out-slow each other at the end of day 1, it has been part of the game...
yes,it used to be like that and then when they started the reverse grid it went away and there were no shenanigans like we saw in Jordan. I didnt enjoy watching rally back then for precisely that reason, especially in 2000 in Perth when Sainz came to a complete stop to bleed off time. With all the bad rule changes the FIA made this year though who knows what next season will be like
Whatever... Is it really worth discussing about that much ? I just thought its normal.. And they wouldnt have used that tactic, if it was Loeb in front :P Anyhow.. No offence.. but anyone else notice, that the Jordan rally was pretty much a publicity stunt.... i mean come on.. There were hardly any spectators in stages.. + the realyl seemed kinda lonely.... my least favorite rally of the year so far :> But happy for Hirvonens win, well deserved... He played his cards right, cauz if he would have gone just flat out... he would have gone offroad like he did in day1... Because pacenotes werent superb.

WRC Jordan
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG