The online racing simulator
2 years ago...
(20 posts, started )
2 years ago...
... i played Counter Strike Source in a clan and it got more and more boring for me. As an old race sim enthusiast (played the whole GP Series by Geoff Crammond) i searched for a racing game which is good playable in LAN and maybe online? next thing i did was a long search and i talked to some people over ICQ i knew from my old GP4 times.

All recommended only one game: LIVE FOR SPEED!

They said i can test the online mode in the demo so i went to liveforspeed.net and downloaded it. Only 5 minutes of good and mostly fair online racing satisfied my descision to buy the S2 version of the game. It was shortly after the release of the BMW Sauber F1.06 in the game.
The next thing was the most complicated... buying an S2 Voucher in the 4players.de online shop after 2 days of waiting and much fingernail biting the best Email in history arrived in my Mozilla Thunderbird
I think it took only 4 or 5 minutes to enter the voucher code and my good old Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB should be tormented a lot
The next thing was telling my clanmates about this awesome game but they were not ready for such a game like this.... but one member was very interested: Mojo1987.
Mojo and i trained a lot on some public servers but Mojos new wheel was not very reliable... but this was no barrier for us and we founded our own team under the flag of our CSS Clan: di.racing was born. After we found out that we are not really fast the motivation has gone and we went back to CSS so our team slept a few months. In September 2006 i was determined that i wont let die this project to lead an own team so i decided to start in OWRL for the beginning. After my first Race i was a bit proud because i made the 5. position in the sprint race and the main race. I told my new experiences to Mojo and he decided to come back in the next race and the first league race as a team could start. After a few seasons in OWRL we decided to extend our team so we searched for new members... In April 2007 we found our first member: B.R.O.
But in April 2007 there were not only good times... we had some problems with our clan management so the whole di.racing team has been kicked out of the clan. We went together on Teamspeak to talk about what we should do... due an old friend i contacted the Virtual Sports Clan. After a few weeks of discussion the vSports Racing Team has been born. But after a short time (think it was 3 weeks or so) we saw that multigaming is no more an option for us.
The descision were made that we found a stand alone racing team... Mojo and me nearly gone mad finding a name when i had THE idea: Due a heavy Thunderstorm outside i saw lightnings... lightnings? And i made the suggestion: LIGHTNING RACING! Mojo havent thought much about and he just ordered our domain. Lightning Racing was born in July 2007 and exists until today and i never want to drive somewhere else. We extended the team up to 10 active members and i am proud that Mojo and i made a good job i think.

Now you know how it began for me and the rocky way of my team... But i have some courious things with good ending for you:

Winter/Spring 2007: Kraut Racing organized a fun event with FOX @ Kyoto GP Long Rev... i the training phase i got a food poisoning. I was pumped up with drugs and got a bad reaction. But i drove the World Record on this combo . In the race i had pole, fastest lap and the victory.

April 2008: GTCC Race 3 @ Kyoto National Rev... i was on the lead and tried to push hard. I came over the kerb in the chicane onto the oval part and felt a huge BANG in my wheel because i was a bit over the kerb. At this situation i heard a loud CRACK in my hand and i got more and more pain in my thumb. Next day i went to hospital and the doctor made an X-Ray... Diagnosis: Thumb broken... and i won the race

Now i want to say "thank you" to some people:

- Scawen, Victor and Eric for this amazing game,
- Mojo1987 because he is more than a member,
- The whole Lightning Racing Team because we did the rocky way together,
- And last but not least: the community for the good racing on a high level!

That we have more races together for a long time!!!
Aw. Bless. This makes a refreshing change from the constant flaming I seem to see around here atm.

LFS Rocks. Bottom line. Trek, thats a nice, gente, thoughtful appraisal of what LFS has given you to date. Please imagine me giving you a dignified clap and a knowing nod of the head.

There seems to be quite a bit of nastyness around here atm. I think we should take a leaf out of Treks book and refocus on where LFS is in development and what we get from it. And just be a lot nicer to each other. Apart from that Reviewer bloke, he kinda deserves what he got for writing the utter drivel he did.

Share the love fellow LFS's. Peace out.
wow. definitely. every word mate.
wouuw.. another broken thumb victim ? LFS is on a thumb roll Great story.. Read it all =] Happy for ya (shakes hand)
who else broke their thumb? Multigaming, is that when a clan is dedicated to more than one game?
Oh lol ... sry its the same broken thumb guy =DD
#7 - Byku
Imo, love this game too . Totally agree
#8 - halo
LFS is a thing that everyone must have taste before death.
Im planning to make some LFS stickers for my car's front / rear window.
Ppl dying while trying to do something irl what we all doing regularly at multiplayer mode.
I was speed addicted, I had a old mercedes 230.6 (w115) and almost killed myself while trying take a curve in hi speed (entering wrongly).
I think LFS's "educational" side is important as its fun side.
Broken thumb is better than broken head isnt it?
Jep. multigaming clans often start with one game and extent onto others later, Ocrana is a famous excample I think. But it can be problematic , especially if the games differ too much. 1Person shooters and simracers are diffrent species, if you know what I mean.
In my view, you did not discover Live For Speed, you were actually saved from CSS.

Now what to do with WoW slaves, er, players...
Quote from jayhawk :In my view, you did not discover Live For Speed, you were actually saved from CSS.

Now what to do with WoW slaves, er, players...

and i am lucky that LFS saved me from this stupid game
I remember Jeoff Crammonds' GP. Great game, and all created without using a 3d engine. Impressive.

Anyway, good to hear you kept on pluggin away.

Broken thumb!

Hehe, I shamelessly advertized LFS on a movie site.
Nice story!

Hope your thumb gets better soon!
Haha, thumbs up!
oh wait it's broken!
What an eventful 2 years, thankyou for being a kind LFS player.
Quote from RE Amemiya :oh wait it's broken!
What an eventful 2 years, thankyou for being a kind LFS player.

yes and thank you

even eventful 2 years can be good years. nothing stopped me driving further and further...
lets see the other side of the bad things:
- i got much experience
- had eventful and interesting races with you
- destroyed 3 wheels over the time (Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB, Logitech Formula Force Ex and Logitech Momo ....R.I.P) *psssst*
- learned so much about being fair... ok ok, i am driving like montoya
- gathered several world records (pre Y)
- and i HAVE so much fun with you

i never thought that i play LFS for 2 years, normally most game got boring for me after 1 year...
i have a beer right here on my desk and i say cheers, on that live for speed will never die
#17 - MR_B
And now as I look at his name, I notice he's in a cruise server...........
Seems liike u live on the computer..
Quote from MR_B :And now as I look at his name, I notice he's in a cruise server...........

tells us what?
I have raced with trekker and i must say that he is very talented and a really fast and fair driver . Its real fun racing with him on every combo , him and myself are tied for the lead on DRS league , both with 37 points , its going to be a good season with some nice fights , cant wait for the next race bro

keep rollin

2 years ago...
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG