The online racing simulator
Driving Simulator
(15 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Driving Simulator
Does anyone know of any Driving School type simulators for the PC, I know there is sierra driving school what is called something else now, I have tried it but it isn't very good. I know simax is being made but there doesn't seem to be much development with that so I was wondering if there are any others.
I don't really want to spend any money on one as I only want it to mess around on so if it does cost money I'll see if I can leech it from anywhere, don't say I shouldn't do it because most people here do leech software. I have heard of that Driving Test Success Practical simulator but can't find it anywhere in the shops, I know it is on amazon but I can't really be bothered with it so if anyone knows of any could you send me some links. Cheers.
#2 - DeKo
#3 - sam93
I said about that in my post, the thing is I don't really have the money to buy it, I know people pretend to be about leeching but thats the only way I would get the game and no torrent sites have it.
I have Driving Test Success Practical. It really isn't a simulator.

If you have driven in LFS, you won't want to touch DTSP unless you are revising manouvres etc for your test.

You drive around in a cardboard car painted to look like a Vauxhall Corsa, It has absoloutely no feel to it at all. It sometimes says you have done manouevres wrong when you haven't, it repositions your car into an awkward position mid-manouevre, it tells you you have crashed into another car when you haven't, it tells you you failed to check your mirrors just as you are about to check them... don't make me go on

Quote :unpredictable traffic and pedestrian movements

You've gotta be having a laugh. I can practically memorise the traffic movements for each exercise
#5 - sam93
oh ok, anyone know of any others because simax seems to be taking a while.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Sam, wait two years and drive on the road legally.

Or do it illegally now. Depends how desperate you are.
#7 - ajp71
I've got two things to say. Firstly these computer driving simulator things are useless, nothing will compensate for real world experience and even if they were any good as simulators they'd be frightfully boring.

Secondly why do you even have to bring up the issue of downloading software illegally? (Especially seeing as you're currently trying to sue the council for their illegally placed sign.)
I can drive in my grandad's field legally.
#9 - sam93
Tried that one out already didn't find it very good. I know any of them want be nothing like real life but it's something to do when bored.
And look again someone has to bring my accident up, do you know how much that actually piss's me off? Nearly everyone downs illegally these days just some people are to scared to say they do on these forums so they pretend they don't even when they do, I just don't care if I say I do because what is the point in saying you dont.
Sam, Some of your threads just lately are starting to bug me. Why the heck do you want to know about driving at 15? Maybe think about a moped or something? Its completely useless you learning anything now. By the time you come to do your test it will be different. Please wait untill a few months before your 17th(Maybe 18th), Then start getting info.
I am getting a motorbike when I am 16 a Aprilia RS50, who said I am learning about driving now, it just something to past time where bored. This year has gone really quick for me so next year will proberly go by quick because of GCSE's and then it will only be a couple of months until I am 17 so it wont be that long really.
#12 - 5haz
How about the Under 17 Drivers club...

The whole aim of the club is to get drivers learning at a younger age so that they have a lot of expierience and a high standard of driving by the time they hit the road.

You can start at 12 years old, you drive your parents car at events on private land where they set up a road system (Castle Coombe being the nearest event to you), and your parents teach you how to drive (you get tested occasionally by voulenteer instructors).

However, the events are mostly quite far away from you and you will only really get the best out of the club if you start at 12.

But still, if your that desperate to start driving, that may be the way for you, its much cheaper than driving lessons. Im a member and they've taught me how to drive pretty well, im just waiting till im 18 now.

Here's their site.

http://www.under17-carclub.co.uk/

Joe
awww I wish I had known about that sooner I'm too older now (16)... shucks...
#14 - JJ72
get test drive unlimited
Quote from mcgas001 :Sam, Some of your threads just lately are starting to bug me. Why the heck do you want to know about driving at 15? Maybe think about a moped or something? Its completely useless you learning anything now. By the time you come to do your test it will be different. Please wait untill a few months before your 17th(Maybe 18th), Then start getting info.

What's wrong with him wanting to know about it early? I'm failing to see how wanting to find out early is a bad thing. I remember spending from the age of about 10 learning about various facets of road use and driving, simply because I was passionate about driving in all it's forms, not just racing. All of that helped me tremendously when I began driving, and in the years that I have been driving, I've been very glad of the firm footing I had made for myself.

Give the guy a break. There are plenty of viable options, and reasons, for under-17s to drive (see 5haz's post, for a start).

Driving Simulator
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG