The online racing simulator

Poll : Low frame rates with the recent ATI drivers?

Not me : I don't have an ATI card
Problem : I have an ATI card - Cat 5.12-5.13 drivers run LFS slower than 5.11
All OK : I have an ATI card but it doesn't matter which drivers i use
No way : I have an ATI card but i don't want to change my drivers
Is the bug fixed in 6.1? Can't see any mention about it in here: http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=3521

I've never even tried 5.12 nor 5.13 because I have oldish 9500 Pro so I don't care to install every new driver but I'm just curious.

EDIT: doh, should have read that previous page.
Quote from vari :Cat 6.1 is out.

Thanx!
Just to let you guys know, the Cat 6.1 doesn't solve our problem. I know it was said probably in the 6.2, but I couldn't restrain myself from trying them :P

edit: spelling
Quote from Agent248 :Just to let you guys know, the Cat 6.1 doesn't solve our problem. I know it was said probably in the 6.2, but I couldn't restrain myself from trying them :P

edit: spelling

Arse, come on ATI at the very least please, please release a hotfix

Dan,
I couldn't resist trying them either. I did some testing with LFS Bench and 5.11/6.1 gave me identical results. Not a big surprise though since I never had any slowdowns to begin with. So it's okay to install these if you never had any probs like me.
Quote from danowat :Arse, come on ATI at the very least please, please release a hotfix

Dan,

Working on it, but can't promise it...

NB: In fact, I can't get them to release a hotfix. Cat 6.2 will be out in roughly 2.5 weeks, and should fix this.
Go ATI, go!
i have R9550 @ 502/605MHZ, flashed to 9600xt, MSI K7N2 Delta, CPU AThlonXP 2400+ @ 2310Mhz and i did'n notice any change between 5.11, 5.12,5.13 drivers... all fine
sireric: Just curious lol, do you actually play LFS or did you just get the license to test LFS and the driver issue? You work for ATI, right?
Thanks for the info

SD.
Quote from deggis :sireric: Just curious lol, do you actually play LFS or did you just get the license to test LFS and the driver issue? You work for ATI, right?

He was a demo user on the earlier post so he's just got it now if we can get the majority of ati guys into LFS we would have great support even surround gaming support for 3 monitors
Quote from danowat :It seems to affect a particular combination, that being an Intel HT P4, or a dual core AMD, and an ATI card.

Dan,

hmmm, i have an AMD Athlon 2800, which isnt dual core, and an ATi 9600 XT, so your suggesting it would work ok... i may have to try it, althogh id rather wait and try the new 6.2's when they come out
Quote from deggis :sireric: Just curious lol, do you actually play LFS or did you just get the license to test LFS and the driver issue? You work for ATI, right?

I personally would rather play than "test", but both will get done. Since this is "my" license, well... :-)
Problem (Anti-Aliasing/Antisoptric Filtering unavailable?)
It appears I'm unable to activate Antisoptric Filtering and Anti-Aliasing ingame. Since I've already activated both options in the Catalyst Control Center 5.11 (the newer driver versions are quite buggy, and I'm experiencing the same problem with them anyway) at 6x/16x and it's still deactivated ingame I'm guessing there is an ingame option overruling my CCC settings.
Is there such an option ingame? Or a bugfix either?
Welcome to the forum, sTyleFree.
1. There is no AA/AF setting in the game.
2. The CCC setting overrules the game-setting, if you tell the CCC to do so.

Vain
Sees new post........please be a fix,please be a fix,please be a fix, DOH!!!

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Sees new post........please be a fix,please be a fix,please be a fix, DOH!!!

Dan,

In the words made famous by LFS forums aaaalll over the world "It'll be ready when it's ready"
As seen on the screenshot (follow the link) I've got everything enabled in CCC..any solutions or at least suggestions? :|

-> Click me
Quote from sTyleFree :As seen on the screenshot (follow the link) I've got everything enabled in CCC..any solutions or at least suggestions? :|

-> Click me

Woah, where did you get your background from? :jawdrop: *me wants it *
ATI x800 Pro
I have an x800 Pro and have run most of the old Cat5 drivers had have never had a problem. I am now using the Cat 6.1 and I still am getting 90+fps with all settings all the way up. I just wish this game could push my video card a bit more.
My stats:
AMD 2500+ Barton (OC to 2.18Ghz -- 3200+ speeds)
1.5GB DDR
x800 Pro (OC to 447Mhz core and 565Mhz mem)
Quote from bbman :Woah, where did you get your background from? :jawdrop: *me wants it *

It's the "Road to S2" Wallpaper by n!incognito, I found it at the German LfS-Forums of 4Players.de on page #19 (click me, I'm a link)

Anyway, gonna try Radlinker now.

e.
hm, Radlinker doesn't seem to control AA/AF at all - there is no option like that. Only Clock Rate and Colors are editable :/
Quote from sTyleFree :It appears I'm unable to activate Antisoptric Filtering and Anti-Aliasing ingame. Since I've already activated both options in the Catalyst Control Center 5.11 (the newer driver versions are quite buggy, and I'm experiencing the same problem with them anyway) at 6x/16x and it's still deactivated ingame I'm guessing there is an ingame option overruling my CCC settings.
Is there such an option ingame? Or a bugfix either?

I use the 5.11 Cats with ATI Tray Tools.

I have a game profile set up within ATI Tray Tools for LFS with AA and AF enabled which is automatically applied when LFS.exe is run. On exiting LFS, the graphics settings revert to whatever they were set at beforehand.

I have been led to believe that the ATI Tray Tools app actually works with Nvidia cards as well, but I don't have one to try it with.
Quote from sTyleFree :

e.
hm, Radlinker doesn't seem to control AA/AF at all - there is no option like that. Only Clock Rate and Colors are editable :/

Hm, there should be a 3D tab. I remember having this too and I reinstalled either my drivers or Windows. :P

edit:
There are driver cleaners available. Never tried them though.
Hm, with ATi Tray Tools set to maximum quality settings I get about 2x or 4x Anti-Aliasing, but no Antisoptric Filltering..arghs X_x

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG