The online racing simulator
Eye candy
(45 posts, started )
Eye candy
I hope it was never mentioned before.
I think adding some NPC birds to LFS would make LFS a bit more realistic and that would make tracks more alive than it is now, for example in Fern bay driving near the beach (pic 1) some birds could be standing on the road or on the sand and when birds saw a car they should fly away and land somewhere else near that place, because of this improvement it would be more interesting to drive around, because now i tracks there are no movement its so boring to drive around, only your car, road, grass with some moving threes and flags (what is good), but it is not enough. Birds should really help and maybe landing or taking off planes in South city track maybe some zeppelins with AVON tyres sign.
Attached images
pic 1.JPG
Something for S3.
I don't think flying birds are on the top of anyone's list for a racing simulator... Shall we animate the drunken fans trackside as well? Perhaps give them some cowbells to ring and have a deer or two wander out on the track from time to time...
No movement on landscape? Drive around Blackwood when there is wind. Imho it is brilliant idea that the wind-plants (Or whatever they are called) are rotating. Also, trees are moving on windy conditions.
#5 - dev
Quote from titanLS :I don't think flying birds are on the top of anyone's list for a racing simulator... Shall we animate the drunken fans trackside as well? Perhaps give them some cowbells to ring and have a deer or two wander out on the track from time to time...

Don't forget about the giant squid
#6 - VoiD
Wow, some bird-poo on the windscreen...

(+1)

what about (crushed) insects..?
#7 - buedi
Birds hmmm
They are in Richard Burns Rallye and sometimes when you are very very unlucky one crashes into your Windscreen and sometimes smashes it too. So, it could be a nice Addition... in the far far future when we have all those other suggested things I won´t mention here
Quote from Gekkibi :No movement on landscape? Drive around Blackwood when there is wind. Imho it is brilliant idea that the wind-plants (Or whatever they are called) are rotating. Also, trees are moving on windy conditions.

Trees moving under windy contitions is very unrealistic IMO.
Quote from CobraDrifter :Trees moving under windy contitions is very unrealistic IMO.

trees sway a lot when it gets windy
Quote from spanks :trees sway a lot when it gets windy

Trees are made of aluminium in Canada
Quote from dev :Don't forget about the giant squid

I certainly haven't.
I would have some beach sounds and sound when wind hit the trees
Quote from CobraDrifter :Trees moving under windy contitions is very unrealistic IMO.

Do you mean "the way trees are moving" or "trees don't move when wind blows"?

Because if "a", I'll have to start LFS and check that. Never really watched them closely. If "b", then I don't want the same pills you have. I want that trees dances and rocks in my reality.
Speaking about birds...

Grid girls?

pretty please (literally)
Quote from aroX123 :I would have some beach sounds and sound when wind hit the trees

agree, that would be good
If you want to make simulator more realistic, youn need to improve wourld details too, not only driving stuff.
I hope u understand what i am writing
Quote from aroX123 :I would have some beach sounds and sound when wind hit the trees

Why add something you'll never ever hear even faintly? Even at normal, road going revs without music, I can't hear wind rushing in the trees or birds singing. So I imagine that the cacophony of high revved race engines will certainly be loud enough for you not to hear the rustling leaves, even when you're standing outside, right next to an effing tree.

And concerning birds: same applies to them. additionally, motors scare birds, especially loud racing engines, thus they wouldn't whistle anyway.
I just want something more to LFS birds swaying trees anything that gives to the sense of imersion to me. That includes drunk fans as well as critters running across the track.
Quote from AstroBoy :...well as critters running across the track.

I already got an idea for insim-program: Capture the critter!
#20 - Osco
Quote from Gekkibi :I already got an idea for insim-program: Capture the critter!

road-kill mod?
I like the idea, why not, but... first of all you must set up your game config to eye candy settings. I can´t understand why some people complains for poor graphics in LFS when they don´t play with settings to the max quality
Quote from NitroNitrous :I like the idea, why not, but... first of all you must set up your game config to eye candy settings. I can´t understand why some people complains for poor graphics in LFS when they don´t play with settings to the max quality

I play. And also use the "aftermarket" bloom-effect.

But I don't need better graphics. One thing would be welcome, however: Moving terrain. In my opinion, it is great idea that wind-powerplants rotates in blackwood. There could be some other moving objects/things. For example, clouds.

But LFS is just great at the moment. This wasn't nagging about lack of graphical effects.
Quote from spanks :trees sway a lot when it gets windy

but palm leafs dont

Once, I really dont know how it happened, maybe something with my speakers, but when I got stuck in the sandtrap at the sea, engine stopped and I heard the sea - damn, that surprisingly swell
Quote from NitroNitrous :I like the idea, why not, but... first of all you must set up your game config to eye candy settings. I can´t understand why some people complains for poor graphics in LFS when they don´t play with settings to the max quality

I use low settings only in multi player, because when there are 32 connected drivers i get only 15 FPS, in Single player i use maximum
Quote from Gekkibi :And also use the "aftermarket" bloom-effect.

Ooh, where can I get this?

Eye candy
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG