The online racing simulator
LFS AI Name Editor v1.2
(4 posts, started )
LFS AI Name Editor v1.2
LFS AI Name Editor

Current Version: 1.2

Description:

This editor allows you to load, save and edit files that LFS uses for AI driver names, number plates and gender. You can quickly change the names that LFS uses for the AIs rather than edit manually 12 names all the time.

LFS uses the "Drv.nam" file in ".\Live For Speed\data\misc\".

This utility was created because I was using different sets of AI names for testing purposes with LFS.Live. If you feel to have a need for editing the names that way, feel free to use this tool. It is free of charge and released unter the GNU General Public License.

On the screenshots you see the user interface with randomly generated names and tags. The in-game screenshots show you the custom plates and driver names from the first screenshot.

Notes:

As of LFS Alpha 0.5P2, LFS loads the DRV.NAM only at startup. You have to restart LFS in order to make it use your changes to the DRV.NAM file.

If you get into the options with the page where you can edit the AI names, LFS will overwrite the numer plates that you have set. It uses the first 8 characters of the driver name.

Requirements:

You need the .NET Framework 1.1 by Microsoft to be installed. If you don't know if you have installed it already, try to run the binaries download of the editor. If it doesn't run, you probably have not

Otherwise download the framework here .

Changelog:

v1.0
- Initial release.

v1.1
- Code rewritten. Name files wrapped.
- Name generator added.
- About form replaced.

v1.2
- Teamtag generator added.

Download

Visit Website

View all releases of the Editor
View release files for version 1.2

Download 1.2 Binaries (only ex ... shipped files) (150 KB)

Download 1.2 Installer (280 KB)
Download 1.2 Sourcecode (159 KB)
Attached images
aiNameEditor1.jpg
aiNameEditor2.jpg
aiNameEditor3.jpg
Yet another handy utility for testing, from one of our gods of C# Keep up the good work Messiah

As an aside, it always seems strange to me, releasing Free Software, written in "proprietory" languages (dont moan to me about mono, its crap )
Looks very handy should my internet connection ever break (heaven forbid).

Cheers!
Quote from the_angry_angel :As an aside, it always seems strange to me, releasing Free Software, written in "proprietory" languages (dont moan to me about mono, its crap :P)

Aphew...
Quote from Alanna :Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OS's is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders

Hm.. LFS' target platform is x86 and win32 systems. If LFS is run in an emulated environment, the application may be run there as well ^_^ gotcha :P I don't get the point of complaining anyway. There's barely languages around who do not depend on something like a runtime (Python, TCL, Perl, .NET, everything *needs* something to be installed, even C / Cpp programs need some DLLs to be present already or are shipped). Except for the point that most of them are supported by it's developers for other OS ^_^ but lets move it to another thread :P

LFS AI Name Editor v1.2
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG