The online racing simulator
About G25
(16 posts, started )
About G25
Well I'm thinking about buying a G25, its quite alot of money (to me, anyway), and I've been thinking about something, and how to get around it.. Maybe someone could help me out!
G25 includes: H paturn shifter, clutch/gas/break pedals, wheel, right? What do you use for handbreak?

Maybe if someone could help me out on this one..
Thanks in advance,
Nath
#2 - P1lot
I use a button on the gear shift unit. You could program it to a wheel button if you use it a lot. Or another controller, such as a joystick, if you want it to be an axis
I use my old joystick for handbreak. G25 is worth it! Get it!

O/T, your signature needs editing :P

Banned from 1 server
I use my old x52 joystick throttle as a handbrake. Well, it isn't the most realistic alternative, but because I biatched my real fiat 127 handbrake with potentiometer (Using BU0836 circuit, so windows thinks that bunch of potentiometers and buttons are joystick), I'll have to use it temporarily.

Other good alternative is to either set it to shifter-module (Any button), or either one of the red buttons on the wheel (However, I have look left/look right there). If you are going to use h-shifter, I would suggest that you set handbrake for shift up/down plates.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :I use my old joystick for handbreak. G25 is worth it! Get it!

O/T, your signature needs editing :P

Banned from 1 server

Temp though

On topic - Is there anything you can BUY as an addon to the g25, like a handbreak?
I just use the left steering wheel button. It's not the end of the world!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I just use the left steering wheel button. It's not the end of the world!

It is, if you are searching for "ultimate realism".
Quote from Gekkibi :It is, if you are searching for "ultimate realism".

Says a guy who plays a computer game.
Quote from Gekkibi :It is, if you are searching for "ultimate realism".

Yeah - but it that case, your joystick hardly approaches anything close to realism. Unless it actually has massively increasing resistance...
Quote from spankmeyer :Says a guy who plays a computer game.

Well, maybe we should stop playing LFS and start playing NFS if the realism has nothing to do with this. Everyone has different criteria for "realism", and I try to reach as high as possible. Others don't.

Quote from Stang70Fastback :Yeah - but it that case, your joystick hardly approaches anything close to realism. Unless it actually has massively increasing resistance...

I used real handbrake modified to work as a joystick axis, but it went broken. No time to fix it. And what would simulate real handbrake more than a... Real handbrake?
Quote from spankmeyer :Says a guy who plays a computer game.

Simulator*
Simulators aim for the highest realism possible, if you want computer games you can go out and buy juiced.
Quote from Gekkibi :I used real handbrake modified to work as a joystick axis, but it went broken. No time to fix it. And what would simulate real handbrake more than a... Real handbrake?

In that case, frikkin' sweet. I'll take two please
Quote from Gekkibi :Are you sure? I used handbrake from Fiat 127!

Hey, as long as it works. The handbrake in my REAL car doesn't even work!

About G25
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG