The online racing simulator
LFS Forum - Firefox w. Developer Toolbar
I'm pretty sure this has only started happening since I installed the Firefox Developer Toolbar plugin, but the forum now crashes my browser when, while posting: I open the [More] smilies link, select one or more smilies, then close the pop-up smiley window to return focus to the main browser window.

I don't expect anyone to fix it but thought it was worth reporting. I also apologise to the wider forum community if my smiley usage is no longer apropos and badass like it used to be.
#2 - Ian.H
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm pretty sure this has only started happening since I installed the Firefox Developer Toolbar plugin, but the forum now crashes my browser when, while posting: I open the [More] smilies link, select one or more smilies, then close the pop-up smiley window to return focus to the main browser window.

I don't expect anyone to fix it but thought it was worth reporting. I also apologise to the wider forum community if my smiley usage is no longer apropos and badass like it used to be.

Doesn't crash here (none of the vB forums I visit crashes it) and have had the web dev toolbar installed since.. I dunno, way back (just used your method described to insert the smiley).

Re
Same as Ian, I'm afraid. I usually have the web developer addin from Chris loaded and never had an issue
Same here. WebDev is loaded, and no forum issues on 2.0.0.14
#5 - ORION
Does it crash when you click the button/link, or does it show a popup or open a new page in a tab / window?
Try to describe some more details what exactly is happening.

Any other adblocking tools or crapware like norton internet security should be disabled for testing...

[edit]
tried to disable other addons or run in safe mode?
Hmm... I can't duplicate it. It's been doing it for days and now that I mention it, it stops. Bloody typical.

But yeah I think it was specifically when I closed the smiley pop-up window and then clicked in the editable area to select the smiley I'd added. Instead of drag handles appear on the image my browser shut down. Happened dozens of times!

Grr...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG