The online racing simulator
wheel wobbles on straight
(5 posts, started )
I got strange wheel wobbling on straight - I tried to remove front toe out which is not helpful with speed anyway but wobbling stays. It looks like FF problem with small movents - it is annoying when standing still and the car tries to go to balance - the wheel moves from side to side. Anyone know how to fix that?
Its just to do with the FFB trying to centre the wheel. For example, the wheel goes left, and then the wheel thinks "oh noes! i iz goin left, i need to center out!" so it then goes right....too far, and then thinks "oh noes! i iz going right, i need to center out!" etc. The only way to stop this is to turn down your FFB a little. 101% in the profiler and 40% in game feels good for me, give it a shot!

p.s there is no fix for it im afraid
couldn't you set a higher deadzone?
yes you could but dead zones are awkward on any steering wheel axis, because there is that dead point where there is no response. However it is fine for the brake axis.
turn centering spring, spring and damper settings to zero in your wheel settings (or in profiler if you use a logitech wheel), because lfs only uses the standard force feedback and no additional effects like gtr or rfactor...

peace jo

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG