The online racing simulator
Deals gap(Tail of the dragon)
(11 posts, started )
So, We did it( Me and my dad). He was driving and I was video'in. Had a blast, Ill post video on youtube, Here are pics, We where driving a bone stock 1999 ford tarus.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr ... 708518&g=00&s=150
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Look for the gold ford)
Awesome! I'm planning on getting there, too, at some point. No idea what vehicle, yet, but I will do it. Hopefully sooner rather than later... maybe next summer...
I hope to drive it in a tuned car, one day it will happen, but it was funn doing the drive!
I only live a few hours away from there, but I haven't done it because I can't justify the expense of the fuel to get all the way there and back. If I were in the area already, I'd consider it.

Plus, I already have two fantastic roads within 30 minutes of me. 221-S and 194-S are both just like Deal's Gap, but a little shorter. Parts of 194-S are actually tighter than anything at Deal's Gap. There's a section with back-to-back hairpins which are so tight and steep that I'm nearly on full lock, and the inside front wheel comes completely off the ground. And I'm in an '98 Acura CL, which has a fairly good turning radius.

I've done them both about 10 times each and they're never boring, except when I come up behind some old codger motoring along at 10mph.
Bah. Cars don't do that road justice.

On a related note, I want to smack the people who have their bike on a trailer on that road. :slap:
Anyone down for an LFS meet up at Deals Gap? haha. I've been wanting to go there for so long... It's pretty damn far from NY though... and I'm still running on Blizzaks!
Quote from sil3ntwar :your t-shirt is about 3X too big for you

Nope, I like baggy stuff, Baggy pants and shirts is my style!

Edit: Ok SO I got a preview Of the video from the trip, Short 2 min vid, But very cool! You can hear the tires screaming!

http://s194.photobucket.com/al ... &current=100_1079.flv
I want to plan a meet anyone seoius about going?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG