The online racing simulator
Any Sort Of Ready To Render 3DS Max Pack?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
I just recently upgraded to 3ds max after having alot of fun rendering in blender thanks to Bogey Jammer(This Guy Rocks My Socks )

And now im wondering if theres some sort of ready to render pack for 3ds max? Although im not expecting something as detailed as the blender one. just maybe one with the lfs cars in? And a simple guide on applying textures to the object.
#4 - Migz
Right, ive installed brazil, well i acctually dont know if i have or not, i did the stuff that came in the file for it, but i have no clue if it's installed right or not :S

And now i cant find a cmx viewer plug in for 3ds max 9 the one on that wikipedia page is dead
As far as I know, the CMX plugin stopped working with either 7 or 8, so I don't think you'll be able to imprt the cars.
#6 - Migz
Uh oh. Does that mean there isnt any way to get the lfs cars into 3DS max?
What a waste!
Just download the scenes from the site I posted earlier.
#9 - Migz
Ah right, yeah i doubt ive installed brazil right, because when i run 3ds max a error pops up and it crashes. Well if i ever manage to get it to work ill download the scenes in the link you gave me

Edit: I give up with brazil, is there anyway to open them up without brazil?
Yes you still can open the file without Brazil. It is just that you can't render properly without Brazil materials. What you need to do is replace all the Brazil Materials with the standard or Mental Ray materials. And render with either DSR or Mental Ray renderer instead of Brazil.
It only takes about an hour to convert all materials and lightings if you are experienced user in Max.
#11 - Migz
Quote from samyip :Yes you still can open the file without Brazil. It is just that you can't render properly without Brazil materials. What you need to do is replace all the Brazil Materials with the standard or Mental Ray materials. And render with either DSR or Mental Ray renderer instead of Brazil.
It only takes about an hour to convert all materials and lightings if you are experienced user in Max.

Oh thats not good then. Im a complete newb to max

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG