The online racing simulator
Fuel prices in Aus
(11 posts, started )
Fuel prices in Aus
Can someone just give me a quick fuel price in Aus?, I am trying to price together my Phillip Island trip and need to figure out how much fuel it's gonna take.

I have googled, and all I can find is "140", I assume this is $1.40 a gallon?

Also, car, I am hiring a "medium" sized car, any idea what that would likely be, and what engine size / mpg a "medium" sized Aussie car would be?
Quote from danowat :Can someone just give me a quick fuel price in Aus?, I am trying to price together my Phillip Island trip and need to figure out how much fuel it's gonna take.

I have googled, and all I can find is "140", I assume this is $1.40 a gallon?

Also, car, I am hiring a "medium" sized car, any idea what that would likely be, and what engine size / mpg a "medium" sized Aussie car would be?

Gave it a minute and found this.
Quote from frokki :Gave it a minute and found this.

Did you not read what I posted?

I already found that, but it just says "140", I have no idea what "140" means, is it $1.40 a gallon or what?
Indeed Dan thats exactly what it means.

As for car hiring mate no idea. sorry
Thanks Tim, any ideas on cars?
Hi,

The price of fuel is approx $ 1.40 per litre or roughly 65 pence.

You should allow $ 70-80 for a car.

A Toyota Corolla on the Avis site is $ 81 per day including all the taxes. The link is below.

They use approx 6 litres per 100km on the open road and 8 litres in the city.

Phillip Island is approx 140 km's from Melbourne.

PS. I recently hired cars in Paris and London from smaller hire companies. They were slightly cheaper, however we had great difficulty locating their premises. I would recomend paying a bit more and sticking to the majors.

Have a great trip.

https://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/coreservices/Dispatcher
Thanks man, I am driving from Bateau Bay (just north of Sydney) down the coast road, probably stopping halfway, somewhere like Bega, then the other half.

I worked it out that it's about 700 miles (1100km's) and should easily do it in 2 days (heck, I have done Norwich to Bordeaux (700 miles) in a day before), and I am looking at about $100 of fuel.

Just trying to see if I can justify the cost of the trip to Phillip Island..........
#8 - JTbo
Hopefully aircon in car works, that makes difference of hell and holiday
Quote from danowat :Did you not read what I posted?

I already found that, but it just says "140", I have no idea what "140" means, is it $1.40 a gallon or what?

It did say "cents per litre" at the bottom of the graph from frokki's link.
It's my eyes, old age, etc etc
#11 - aoun
Quote : They use approx 6 litres per 100km on the open road and 8 litres in the city.

That is crazy!

Fuel prices in Aus
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG