The online racing simulator
Motivational picture/poster
(37 posts, started )
Right, I need a picture or a poster that I can put infront of my treadmill that can provide motivation for when I am mile crunching.

Currently I run outside if I can, but the weather has been shocking, plus I prefer doing speed and tempo training on the treadmill, and currently I am just staring at a wall, so I need something to put on that wall to spur me on.

Any suggestions/links would be greatly appreciated

edit : please keep them relatively clean
how about this:

As accurate as that maybe, I was looking for something a little more motivational
oh, there are more. like this one:

Quote :how about this:

^ That's a demotivator though...
If I were you I'd put what I like to do (in this case, being in front of my computer) in front of the treadmill so I can TRY to catch up and type or something. Then I'd set the treadmill faster everytime or something like that.

If you want a poster here's one:

Replace slaughter with outrun and you're good to go!
They don't have to be in the traditional "motivational" sytle of picture, just a nice pic to look at would do aswell
Just put a picture up of the foods you like and keep staring at them...that or tie a hogie on a stick hanging from your back in front of you and try to grab it.
Forget about the threadmill...

Hire a gay hooker, and tell him "you can "romance" me if you catch me". I bet you won't stop running then...
Yeah, that'll work, not sure it will help the missus on the treadmill though, but hey.......
How about putting a stick on top of a hat and tying something thats just out of arms reach so you keep trying to 'run' for it on the treadmill?
Yeah, like a donkey and a rabbit type thing...........hmm..........might work with a kebab, or a cream cake
It could work. Or alternatively, get a personal 'trainer' to just shout at you when you start losing pace.

I'm a lazy person but recently I've been walking the dog everynight for about 2-3 miles and it's done me the world of good. Also I quit smoking last November, which was just self motivation if you like.

If you really want to do something or get somewhere you'll do it through self motivation.
Quote from beefyman666 :If you really want to do something or get somewhere you'll do it through self motivation.

It's not quite that simple, if it were we'd all be doing everything.

I have been training now, non-stop, since Jan, and to be honest, crunching 6+miles every other day is getting tedious, so motivation is a big part of it.
#20 - Jakg
Significant other in a seductive semi-naked pose?
There is a really good Helly Hansen poster I've seen several times that I like.

It shows a runner or something outdoors in some great scenery etc etc, with the phrase "There is a difference between living and being alive".

I'd like to get it myself, but I can't find it online just now. It's quite a few years old, so isn't on the current HH website.
Quote from danowat :I have been training now, non-stop, since Jan, and to be honest, crunching 6+miles every other day is getting tedious, so motivation is a big part of it.

Well, here's one different one. What about putting a picture of yourself from few years ago to some place so you will see it every time you are looking for motivation? The catch is, from what I've heard you have lost some weight in the last few years so that picture of "previous you" might give some extra meaning for the whole running-thingie

If that doesn't work, start storing cheeses under your sofa and never take off your sneakers
How about a mirror.
Post a picture of yourself in just your running shorts and have some photoshop it to give you some huge six pack and really make you look like your from a gillette advert on TV.

Quote from Blackout :How about a mirror.

He'd probably turn around and try run away from it.

A room full of mirrors on the other hand, you can never escape!

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG