The online racing simulator
Time to add another zero... [now 1/4 million lfs registrations]
To anyone who remembers the thread on RSC where LFS celebrated 2000 accounts on lfs.net, and the subsequent reaching of 20,000, I thought we could celebrate the fact that we (as a community) reached 200,000 members this morning.

So, the word is still spreading.

Of course this figure includes demo accounts, which contribute for something like three quarters of all accounts, but it's still a nice achievement none-the-less.

Also attached are a couple of graphs, the first plotting the growth of signups since registrations were first allowed, and the second the increase rate.

UPDATE: Reached another landmark: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=935833#post935833
Attached images
lfsusersgraph1.PNG
lfsusersgraph2.PNG
#2 - aoun
Congratulations to Live For Speed and the creators.

You've all done well.

Congratulations to the community as well!

wtf s1a mpd was off the charts lol. congrats lfs.
Even if 3/4 of the accounts were Demo accounts, that would mean that atleast 50 000 peoples bought a license! Which is kind of enormous considering that LFS have no advertising at all... and it's still in developpement!! S2 final will gather even more peoples and so will S3!! The devs deserve 200 000 thumbs up for what they managed to do in my opinion, keep on going!
Wonderful milestone for this great game and it's dedicated developers.
Wow, that's pretty nice

Now lets all go down to pub and celebrate this properly
Fantastic! That really is phenomenal.

Dare I ask... Projections till the next zero???
#8 - evans
Quote from srdsprinter :Fantastic! That really is phenomenal.

Dare I ask... Projections till the next zero???

Judging from the first graph, that would be somewhere around 2057. But hopefully once the devs release S3, the rate of growth will increase
Interesting numbers! I'm slightly worried at the declining growth rate in the recent past, but I guess that will improve.

Just an experiment: if, as we assume, 1/4 of the 200,000 racers actually bought a licence, that means 50,000 licences have been sold. Seems from the graphs that ~ 1/3 of these were bought in the S1 days. Assuming that half of these again upgraded to S2, the LFS team should have gotten about 1,1£ in total income. Let's say 1 million, then. So in the 5 years since the first release, each of the three developers should have had an average annual income of somewhere around 70,000£. Not too shabby. But of course they have to pay for all kinds of development related stuff. So I guess we could safely cut that figure in half.
Yay :dance:

Seems healthy to me, now just to get those demo people over to S2 =)
some cool numbers there. would love to find out an exchange rate (from Demo to S2) over time. but that sort of information would be impossible to know without asking each person.

Nice work btw Bob.
neat
tried any curve fitting yet? looks exponential to me
Good work Bob.
Looking at the second graph, you can see a new patch has been delivered right after the 'registrations per day' has declined...

Now if could get the number of silly drift or cruise related threads leading to the new patch, we could see if they correlate. Thus the more stupidity we see on the front page, the better physics and new features we''ll receive...
Good work, but I think this will be the last time we add a zero to the 2, as evans pointed out. Looking forward to 300.000 then!
#16 - dev
Quote from Gnomie :Interesting numbers! I'm slightly worried at the declining growth rate in the recent past, but I guess that will improve.

Just an experiment: if, as we assume, 1/4 of the 200,000 racers actually bought a licence, that means 50,000 licences have been sold. Seems from the graphs that ~ 1/3 of these were bought in the S1 days. Assuming that half of these again upgraded to S2, the LFS team should have gotten about 1,1£ in total income. Let's say 1 million, then. So in the 5 years since the first release, each of the three developers should have had an average annual income of somewhere around 70,000£. Not too shabby. But of course they have to pay for all kinds of development related stuff. So I guess we could safely cut that figure in half.

Even then you get 5 times greater annual income then Croatian average :schwitzamn, I gotta start programing...
so, congratulations to the Team
Quote from Gnomie :Just an experiment: if, as we assume, 1/4 of the 200,000 racers actually bought a licence, that means 50,000 licences have been sold. Seems from the graphs that ~ 1/3 of these were bought in the S1 days. Assuming that half of these again upgraded to S2, the LFS team should have gotten about 1,1£ in total income. Let's say 1 million, then. So in the 5 years since the first release, each of the three developers should have had an average annual income of somewhere around 70,000£. Not too shabby. But of course they have to pay for all kinds of development related stuff. So I guess we could safely cut that figure in half.

Ummm... you seem to have overlooked the little issue of tax (business & personal), the overheads of running lfs.net, LFSW and the master server, and the fact that the profit from S2 isn't steady and guaranteed each month like a regular salaried job would be. Even though none of this is any of our business anyway.
Gratz soon ill get my s2
We
want
cockpits

Quote from STROBE :Ummm... you seem to have overlooked the little issue of tax (business & personal), the overheads of running lfs.net, LFSW and the master server, and the fact that the profit from S2 isn't steady and guaranteed each month like a regular salaried job would be. Even though none of this is any of our business anyway.

That's why I divided by 2.
Quote from dev :Even then you get 5 times greater annual income then Croatian average :schwitzamn, I gotta start programing...

And its probably nearly 5 times more expensive to live in England.
The Devs MUST be rich

Well done

/me thinks of another amazing game to make
Damn. :o

LFS has really taken off.
AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............

I LOVE TO READ POSTIVE THREADS ON THE LFSFORUM!

Well done LFS DEV's! Keep up the good work!

And thanks BOB for pointing this out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG