The online racing simulator
Low FPS new comp?
(16 posts, started )
Low FPS new comp?
Hi i have low FPS but on a new comp just wondering is it my video card or something else :

operating system: Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , (6.0.6000)

comp: acer aspire l320

RAM: 1015

Proccesor: intel(R) core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00 GHz

video card: * Accelerator Information *
Accelerator in Use: Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1377
Current Graphics Mode: 1024 by 768 True Color (75 Hz)

thats all information that i think you would find useful could someone help me as my fps is around 9-20 which is annoying because when i got the game i got 9-20 then for a month it went to around 30 and suddenly it came back down? if its any help i use a G25?

Thanks in advance
Poking around, looks like the graphics card (or lack of) that's the problem.

The 2GHz CPU is fine and you have enough RAM to keep LFS happy. But it's likely it's the card that's bottlenecking the system. Standard pre-made system gfx cards are usually pretty low spec, since putting a more powerful one in would bump the price up.
#3 - Jakg
The graphics card is an onboard Intel - that's the bottleneck.
what would you suggest i get? for around £20-£25

but if you look at the size of the computer would it fit a new one in?

also just installed new driver for the card see if that helps
#5 - Jakg
First of all you'd need to know what expansion slots it had (ie AGP, PCI, PCI-e) - although looking at the specs it probably has PCI-e.

You'd then also need to know your power supply Wattage.

A good bet would be a used 6600GT (£10 - £15 delivered) or a 6800GT (£20 - £25 delivered) off eBay.

I'd recommend a 6600GT
You have a very compact PC I see:

Which means you would need a "low profile" graphics card, otherwise it won't fit.

Also you can't buy anything super demanding, as your PSU probably won't be up to it. I'd say anything under 40 - 50 quid would be as powerful as you could go.

http://amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s ... .x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
http://www.ebuyer.com/search/? ... +graphics&x=0&y=0

Edit: First you should check if there is even a graphics slot (AGP / PCI-e) inside.
apprantly u cant upgrade it because its too small could i get a wire?
just found a card in old comp its a MVGA-NVG18AM 64MB W/TV ?

could that be used and is it any good?
#8 - Jakg
If it's too small then how do you plan on fitting the "old" card in there?

I have no idea if the one you've gotis any good but I doubt it is.

You can't get a wire, i'm afraid.
the computer case is stuffed no room

its a nvdia 4400
is there any reason i was getting around 30-50 fps for a month tho and now i am getting 15-21 like i was for first month?
Try upgrading your video drivers. Intel is currently working hard on performance issues so downloading latest drivers can improve your fps.
There was an external graphics card for laptops being developed, which is an expensive solution to a problem that should exist. If it's a standard form factor you could change case.
Yeah - if you really want better graphics, get a larger case and transfer everything into that!
I'd say get a new graphics card. Get the Nividia 8600 GT or above if you play games with very good graphics. The Nividia 6xxx series would do if you're just using it for LFS.
Quote from Nitrous13270 :I'd say get a new graphics card. Get the Nividia 8600 GT or above if you play games with very good graphics. The Nividia 6xxx series would do if you're just using it for LFS.

Read the topic first please, his case will not fit those cards.
I know how to fix it :D
Everyone who want more fps in the game just go in your live for speed files and find cfg.txt open it and find "Game Limit FPS 1" change that to 0 your fps was maxed out

Low FPS new comp?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG