The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
For Sale - Fanatec Porsche 911 Wheel
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... p;ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Seeing as I already have a G25 I see no point in keeping it, so it's for sale on eBay.

For reference, someone already put one on eBay and it sold for £175 without the 1 GB Memory Stick.

It's been on eBay for just over 2 hours and it's already got a bid and a question asking to buy it now!
lol i'll have it if it's £1 only if postage is free.
#3 - Jakg
You don't understand how eBay works, do you?
#4 - Dru
I hope you paid your missus a 'modelling' fee
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Dru :I hope you paid your missus a 'modelling' fee

LOL, I thought if I used my beautiful assistant it might sell for more!
Quote from Luke.S :lol i'll have it if it's £1 only if postage is free.

Quote from Jakg :You don't understand how eBay works, do you?

He doesn't understand how much works. But remember, I've 'known' you since you were about 14 or something, and you weren't exactly worldly wise then

Anyway, I've found out why you've been a bit rubbish since your foot operation - they've made you feet tiny and girl-like. I'd complain if I were you. It's just out of order. I assume you didn't go private? I know they're not his feet you muppet!
#8 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :He doesn't understand how much works. But remember, I've 'known' you since you were about 14 or something, and you weren't exactly worldly wise then

Ah shurrup!
Quote from Luke.S :not really

eBay is an auction - you enter a bid, and so do other buyers - whoever makes the highest offer "wins" the item.

Basically its started at .99p and already had a bid, although as eBay only bids enough to beat other buyers I have no idea what his bid is.

If your wondering why it doesn't take off (it probably won't) - 95% of eBay bids happen in the last hour/minute/5 seconds (if you use a sniper)
lol i saw a copy of nascar season 2003 get a winning bid on the last 1 second once.
#10 - Jakg
You can use auction snipers (like GoofBay) to automagically bid in the last few seconds - although i've manually entered the bid within 2 seconds of auction end iirc.

People do this to stop themselves getting in a bidding war with another buyer, and also because it's very VERY easy to keep typing in "just that little bit more" for a bid to win the item (i've done it many times).

EDIT - Advertising on the forums (here and RSC) really worked - 4 watchers and 3 bids inside 3 hours of starting the auction, this is my quickest rising auction yet!
I wont buy it because there are pink flowers on the ebay page.
#12 - Jakg
You need a logo. Doesn't matter how rubbish it looks, you need a logo - I resell stuff via dropship and when competing with power-sellers it's all about looking professional.

I was actually considering paying a graphic designer to make a me a logo (some guy was making some really snazzy work at £5 a pop), but I really think I better make some more cash first.
Quote from Jakg :You need a logo. Doesn't matter how rubbish it looks, you need a logo - I resell stuff via dropship and when competing with power-sellers it's all about looking professional.

So are you now officially one of those people who sells tat on eBay for a quid a pop?
#14 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :So are you now officially one of those people who sells tat on eBay for a quid a pop?

Oh no, i'm much more expensive than that. :P

I sell stuff like this:

And the old favourite.

Ironically my best seller is a boring PSP Battery.

I've linked to pictures not listings as as per the rules Bob enforced I am only allowed to advertise my sim-racing hardware.
Ah. I was looking at your feedback and most stuff seemed to have gone for 99p.

I've still never sold anything on eBay. I spend all my time stalking pedals and guitars and buying more of them than I really should...
#16 - Jakg
99p + P&P, actually - it's a careful balance to deal with eBay fee's :P
I hope you aren´t selling the beta wheel for that price but the one you get to buy for half the price
#18 - Jakg
Quote from oqvist :I hope you aren´t selling the beta wheel for that price...

Why not...?
Because it´s a bit misleading... Where do you state for example that the wheel is NOT the same as the retail wheel. You mention it´s beta and there is no warranty but not the many significant changes that is available on the retail wheels...

People who buy it think it will be pretty much the same wheel as the retail... Also does your wheel have none of the centering issues, deadzone on pedals etc or other beta wheel issues? If so you should mention all faults on it and again not compare it to retail wheel and how much they cost... It´s not the same wheel.

I would never sell my beta wheel for that price I would feel like I am fooling someone . Maybe there is a young guy reading up on the wheel thinking it´s awesome but can´t afford to buy it off the shelf so he tries ebay... I have offered mine for 50 euro approx. Seemed fair because I am not sure new drivers will fix the centering issues and other stuff that almost all beta wheel seem to have more or less

Guess it goes for anyone here as well if so pm me I can describe the state it´s in.
Does putting "Not Logitech G25" in the title get more views from people looking for G25s and other Logitech gear?
Yep, and it's a good idea to do it too
#22 - Jakg
Quote from DTrott :Does putting "Not Logitech G25" in the title get more views from people looking for G25s and other Logitech gear?

Yes, and while usually I DEPLORE this practice for this once I used it because most people who are looking for a G25 don't know the 911 exists.

Of course I really should have said "beats".

Currently at £82, 39 watchers and 13 bids.
OMG Jakg got boobs! :o

And what looks like a dead fish in the lower right corner of the image.
#25 - Jakg
That's my amazing chair I love to bits, I got it from a Factory my Dad worked for when it closed down (along with lots of copies of XP left in a bin!) - it's in taters but it is SOOOOO comfortable.

And in case you hadn't realised - that's not me, that's my "beautiful assistant" :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG