The online racing simulator
Help me [Using wheel with a laptop]
Hey I was going to buy a new laptop and im probaly going to download LFS on it is it possible for me to hook up my wheel to my laptop.
It's possible, no difference to a desktop computer regarding that.
That depends on the laptop and the wheel. If you have a wheel with USB connector then you won't have any problems but if you have an older wheel which uses gameport you have to make sure your new notebook has a gameport (not very likely).
They may frown if you're on the bus.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :That depends on the laptop and the wheel. What wheel do you have?

I wouldn't know of a wheel that doesn't connect via USB. And if the laptop isn't 10 years old, it certainly has a USB port.

@Nighty:
LOL!
Quote from jibber :I wouldn't know of a wheel that doesn't connect via USB. And if the laptop isn't 10 years old, it certainly has a USB port.

@Nighty:
LOL!

See edit

BTW I think this thread belongs to Technical assistance section.
#7 - GoGen
I have Logitech Formula Force EX connected to HP nx9420 via USB - works perfectly.
alright well srry i thought this might be the right section.
and thanxs for all the answers it helps alot
#9 - Jakg
Quote from jibber :I wouldn't know of a wheel that doesn't connect via USB.

Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel comes in both Gameport and USB varieties.
Quote from jibber :I wouldn't know of a wheel that doesn't connect via USB. And if the laptop isn't 10 years old, it certainly has a USB port.

Friend had a wheel that required "gameport". Don't remember the exact model, but it was "ferrari" something. Also, all wheels from pre-usb age naturally requires gameport.
I have a G25 and an ASUS laptop, works like a dream
And I think that there might be a USB-GamePort reduction, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Yeah works of course...USB powah
It's just as easy as shitting into your pants
I run a G25 and a logi Rumble pad 2 in a ACER laptop no probs!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG