The online racing simulator
19 LG tft screen
(9 posts, started )
19 LG tft screen
im thinking of buying 2 tft LG 1915s with 12 ms respond time,a friend got them and he is selling them...
i already have LG L1900J-BF with:
brightness 300 cd/m² 2 ms respond time

if i match them and as the main screen i'll have L1900J-BF will the differnce be very big when i play?
what do you think?
Is 12ms quick enough for gaming?

I'm not an expert but I've heard that 6ms or faster is better suited.

I think it's something to do with fast moving objects in the picture blurring and/or smearing if the response time is too slow.

Quote from dungbeetle :Is 12ms quick enough for gaming?

I think it's something to do with fast moving objects in the picture blurring and/or smearing if the response time is too slow.

Yes, your flat panel display latency tells you exactly how close to WR you can possibly get. With a 12 ms panel you can only get within a tad over 0.1 secs to WR.
so..you thing i shouldn't buy it?
I can recommand you the Samsung Syncmaster 206 bw, got 2 ms and 3000:1 Dynamic contrast
I had a LG1915 as my main monitor for a couple of years - its a fantastic screen. sold it to the mother in law and am still impressed when i go over for my sunday roast..
recommended !

(the screen, not the roast)
(or the mother in law)
Quote from dungbeetle :I'm not an expert but I've heard that 6ms or faster is better suited.

Yes. Lower response time is better. But TFT response times have been suitable for the avarage person around when manufacturers started quoting 16ms.

To the OP. The difference is not probably noticeable, infact I don't think the actual response times are that different anyway, they just have lied more on the other one
#9 - Jakg
Quote from dungbeetle :Is 12ms quick enough for gaming?

It depends on the person - some people can (in blind tests - if you know what I mean) recognise under 12ms screens, while other people can quite happily use a 25ms screen no issue at all.

19 LG tft screen
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG