The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :number 16 T.Mohammed, lagging badly and caused a crash with concept 06 due to it. lap 74 ish.

EDIT touched someone else two laps later....lag is too dangerous

We are asking the #16 to park it.
I also had magnitudes of problems with his erratic driving, which caused me to suffer a grave amount of suspension damage by hitting those stupid bumps (and then I did it again, which made my setup faster... :S)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :We are asking the #16 to park it.

I'm sure you saw the chat. His lag situation seems to be corrected.
Brilliant, so where's his pentalty also? Do we not remeber the TS or Vent Servers that are available?
An admin initiated the chat, for a valid reason.
I don't call "Park your car" initiating a conversation.

BUT IF YOU DO:

I CONSIDER DWB SAYING "LOL" as initiating a conversation with me where a valid response would be ""
Honestly, why are we being such sticklers about chat. It's not that signifigant. I do agree that if you don't now go "AHA! CHAT" you'll have issues that other leagues have, where entire conversations happen. I think that how its happening currently is OK TBH, and there's no need to enforce it more or less. A good medium between communication and chaos.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Honestly, why are we being such sticklers about chat. It's not that signifigant. I do agree that if you don't now go "AHA! CHAT" you'll have issues that other leagues have, where entire conversations happen. I think that how its happening currently is OK TBH, and there's no need to enforce it more or less. A good medium between communication and chaos.

I've seen how quickly arguments ensue when you don't punish chatting.

The issue is that drivers need to be able to have chat un-blocked to get important info from the admins, but shouldn't be spammed, causing loss of conversation. I only chat with a driver when absolutely necessary (barring "lol", which was an unconscious reaction to something being said on Vent when I typed it).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Honestly, why are we being such sticklers about chat. It's not that signifigant. I do agree that if you don't now go "AHA! CHAT" you'll have issues that other leagues have, where entire conversations happen. I think that how its happening currently is OK TBH, and there's no need to enforce it more or less. A good medium between communication and chaos.

except when my big f'ing thumb slides off the escape and hits 'F1' when i'm disconnecting from the server, not even in the car, and get a pentalty.
... Is it just me that sees J.Basford (Clownpaint) as a lag icon while coming onto the ovally bits?

(Tracker is recording his laps, but he was a lag icon while I was driving, and Sam reports a lag icon there too.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I've seen how quickly arguments ensue when you don't punish chatting.

The issue is that drivers need to be able to have chat un-blocked to get important info from the admins, but shouldn't be spammed, causing loss of conversation. I only chat with a driver when absolutely necessary (barring "lol", which was an unconscious reaction to something being said on Vent when I typed it).

Come on then, step up and penalize the guy for chatting during qualifying.

Your lol was less of an accident than my finger sliding off the escape key, yet you haven't so much as apologized for it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... Is it just me that sees J.Basford (Clownpaint) as a lag icon while coming onto the ovally bits?

(Tracker is recording his laps, but he was a lag icon while I was driving, and Sam reports a lag icon there too.)

Yep same here.

Works fine in the tracker and the LFSW progress window but he appears as being stuck on LFS remote.
Quote from srdsprinter :Come on then, step up and penalize the guy for chatting during qualifying.

Your lol was less of an accident than my finger sliding off the escape key, yet you haven't so much as apologized for it.

Alright, I'm sorry about that. I'd penalize myself if I could.

We've discussed the qualifying chat issue already.
Well then, you're officially making the rules up as you go then. Congratulations
CP lagging again.
Taken care of.
#03 Adaptive Racing is not showing on the tracker because d6nn was not entered properly, however we will manually correct this after the race. The in-race running order is correct with respect to their car.
#68 - SamH
Quote from srdsprinter :Well then, you're officially making the rules up as you go then. Congratulations

This whinging is the strongest argument against allowing chat in the server, tbh.
Quote from SamH :This whinging is the strongest argument against allowing chat in the server, tbh.

? I'm not for allowing chat in the server. The fact that if someone doesn't know the rules, chats and gets away with it, than why shouldn't the errant slip of a exiting driver's finger be forgiven?
There is a lot going on when changing drivers if your trying like hell to have some strategy your changing all kinds of crap coming in the pits.

Once a driver has left the car and disconnect within the split second of a chat is should be considered a judgment call. It makes it better for arguments and also allow the official to correct a quick call when he knows, back in his mind, it was an accident and to NO advantage.

Now, about another issue, How come there was this BIG ass wreck on the start of the race and the SAFETY CAR was not used to clean up the situation. What the heck is it for if not to USE in THAT situation. A lot of people lost a lap or more then and made the start of a good 4hr event pure shit.

Rant over. Good job on chasing done all the BS that goes with a racing event like this.
#71 - SamH
Dunno. Not my shout, it's the admins'. If they let one go during quali and don't let another go during the race, then that's what they decide. They're the admins, afterall.
Listen, you knew the rules against chatting going into the race.

If you don't want the possibility of an accidental chat, you can delete your binds. I and most other enduro drivers have done so for this very reason.

edit: And, usually, done so after getting burned in a situation like this.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Listen, you knew the rules against chatting going into the race.

As should have the driver who chatted in qualifying, but:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :If you don't want the possibility of an accidental chat, you can delete your binds. I and most other enduro drivers have done so for this very reason.

And if as admin you can let one slide, you can let another. BTW, there is no possible way you could know if "most other enduro drivers" have deleted all their binds.

Quote from SamH :Dunno. Not my shout, it's the admins'. If they let one go during quali and don't let another go during the race, then that's what they decide. They're the admins, afterall.

Hence my post

Whatever, onwards and upwards.
Quote from srdsprinter :As should have the driver who chatted in qualifying, but:

And if as admin you can let one slide, you can let another. BTW, there is no possible way you could know if "most other enduro drivers" have deleted all there binds.

Most that I have spoken to about the matter. Most in MoE, anyway.

I'm still not sure what qual incident you're talking about if not the one with the car who ran out of fuel. And if you can't understand why I allowed that one, I don't know what to tell you.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Most that I have spoken to about the matter. Most in MoE, anyway.

I'm still not sure what qual incident you're talking about if not the one with the car who ran out of fuel. And if you can't understand why I allowed that one, I don't know what to tell you.

He broke the rules as much as anyone else. Ignorance or not, he got special treatment. I already posted what I want you to admit to all of us, but anyway:

Quote from srdsprinter :
Whatever, onwards and upwards.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG