The online racing simulator
dedicated server???
(13 posts, started )
dedicated server???
can anyone tell me how the dedicated server works please because i go to open up game to join my dedicated server and it comes up user already online and none of my mates can see server either any help will be great thanks
The dedicated server is for running a server over a long period of time, without needing to use a full installation of LFS. It's typically used on lower power machines where you don't need or want to run a complete LFS installation.

If you just want to create a server for arsing about with your friends then you don't need to use the dedi, and you can use a full LFS installation (Multiplayer > Start New Game).

If you do need to run the dedi, then everything is controlled through config files. The default is setup.cfg. This is just a text file which you can edit with notepad.

Each server name must be unique, which is why you're getting the "host is already online" error.

However, no matter how you setup a server, you need to go through the same steps to prepare your network to allow people to connect.
ok thanks but i tryed to great server through game but none of my mates can find it but is it because im sharing my internet connection of 8mb with 1 othr peson thanks
Quote from whitford :ok thanks but i tryed to great server through game but none of my mates can find it but is it because im sharing my internet connection of 8mb with 1 othr peson thanks

If your sharing your connection then no doubt you have a router. If thats the case, 99.99% of the time the reason people wont be able to see the server is that its being blocked by the router. If you check the_angry_angels sig, Theres a link to setting up servers there. It might help you
ok thanks
Quote from the_angry_angel :The dedicated server is for running a server over a long period of time, without needing to use a full installation of LFS. It's typically used on lower power machines where you don't need or want to run a complete LFS installation.

If you just want to create a server for arsing about with your friends then you don't need to use the dedi, and you can use a full LFS installation (Multiplayer > Start New Game).

If you do need to run the dedi, then everything is controlled through config files. The default is setup.cfg. This is just a text file which you can edit with notepad.

Each server name must be unique, which is why you're getting the "host is already online" error.

However, no matter how you setup a server, you need to go through the same steps to prepare your network to allow people to connect.

help me then please
Quote from the_angry_angel :Read this Guide: Running a LFS Server. If you get stuck, or don't understand then tell us where you're getting stuck or getting confused.

sorry mate im not much of a good reader and dont realy understand.
how do i make an online server so my mates can join and alow through my router thanks
At the top there is a brief guide for those who don't want to read the entire thing.

For the dedicated server:
Quote :
Brief Guide

* Download the dedicated server from http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=addons.
* Extract somewhere you'll remember; the desktop is NOT a good idea.
* Configure host by editing setup.cfg / creating a new cfg file.
* Start the server.
* If you're on the same local network / have a route to the server, then try to connect to it via the LAN.
* Test a connection from outside the local subnet, i.e. from the internet. If it doesn't work, forward / open the incoming ports (TCP/63392,UDP/63392), and make sure the outgoing port (TCP/29339) is also open.
* Join the Wrecker Barricade, then play with, pimp and have fun with your server.

The only bit you might have trouble with is the port forwarding. How you do that highly depends on what hardware you use at home. Check portforward.com.

If you're not going to use the dedicated server then you just need to setup any port forwarding to your PC, and then go to Multiplayer > Start New Game, in the full LFS version. If you've got it setup right people will beable to join.
so how do i forward my port
Quote from whitford :so how do i forward my port

You should really read that guide, because you can find the answer there...
Quote from the_angry_angel :How you do that highly depends on what hardware you use at home. Check portforward.com.

Quote from whitford :so how do i forward my port

...? It depends on what hardware you're using. Check portforward.com for a detailed guide.
ok thanks

dedicated server???
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG