The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Lewis Hamilto to receive McLaren F1 LM if he wins the title
#2 - Dmt
Kimi FTW
Awesome prize

"If a McLaren race driver’s incentive is to win a McLaren at the end of the season, is a Red Bull driver’s incentive a can of Red Bull? Just a thought." hahah Made me laugh.
#4 - Tisza
Wow! If i were hamilton, i'd push the pedal to the metal for this car
But for Kovalainen they wouldn't give anything?
Can they give it to me if he doesn't win? Honestly, I'd appreciate it more. I could rag it until it ran out of fuel, sell it, buy a house, and throw a big party.
#7 - Jakg
He earns enough to buy one easily, however the problem is not affording one, but finding one - there are only 100 (...ish - some are NEVER for sale like the one in the McLaren Garage), and while they were £640,000 new, the used price is easily in excess of £1m...

Off Topic - That LM isn't the one he'd get - that one was at the London Motor Show in 2006 (would dig up a pic if i could find my way around my own bloody website).

Still an utterly crazy car though - my fave car of all time, and all for that beautiful engine note!
#8 - axus
Jakg - the article clearly states that it'd be an LM (of which there are only 5). What makes you think otherwise?
#9 - Jakg
Oh right - Note to self, read better.

If it's an LM then all I can say is "keep your bloody hands off the wheel buttons!"
I sooo wish I were Hamilton right now. I grew up loving that exact McLaren.
Quote from deggis :But for Kovalainen they wouldn't give anything?

Kovalainen doesn't exist as far as the news reporters are concerned. I'm actually pretty tired of seeing these polls that go: "Who will win the 2008 WDC? Räikkönen, Hamilton or Massa?". Bah.
Will anyone join me in looting his house and garage if he wins the championship?:mischievo
Quote from deggis :But for Kovalainen they wouldn't give anything?

was thinking the same
Quote from Jakg :If it's an LM then all I can say is "keep your bloody hands off the wheel buttons!"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Quote from samjh :Not surprised. British team with a British driver who they virtually raised since the age of 8.

Perhaps Kovi will get this instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren

As a bonus if Kovalainen manages to flip his car in F1 race, he gets remainings one of the Mercedes-Benz CLRs. Prize includes an experience trip to Le Mans and digging up the remaining parts from the forest somewhere near Mulsanne.
Does that mean if i change my name to Lewis Hamilton and he wins i can take credit?

I really wish i was in Hamiltons position atleast after he wins the title would be quite scary to drive an F1 car at times.
I really wouldn't want to see such a nice car parked at the sand near the pits

And what think at Mercedes about a prize car powered by a BMW engine?
Quote from AstroBoy :I really wish i was in Hamiltons position atleast after he wins the title would be quite scary to drive an F1 car at times.

"Christ - I use to complain that this thing was underpowered, I must have been mad" - Chris Amon after driving his 1972 Matra F1 in the 90s.
#21 - Jakg
TBH i don't think he'd like it that much - I remember an F1 driver (can't remember who it was) who owned a tiny little hatchback because nothing on the planet (even supercars) felt remotely fast compared to his "company car".

So, he should give it to me!

*beavers off to save up cash for insurance*
Quote : Painted in papaya orange in honour of the founder, Bruce McLaren, (...)

Would somebody care to explain what this exactly means? Bruce "The Papaya" McLaren?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I guess I'm not too good at motorsports history.

On a different note: The source says, Hamilton will only get the car "if he wins the 2008 title, and McLaren is crowned constructors' champion." Dennis will probably sabotage Kovalainen and keep his 4$ Million.
Quote from Linsen :Dennis will probably sabotage Kovalainen and keep his 4$ Million.

which is almost 50 quid.
Quote from Linsen :Would somebody care to explain what this exactly means? Bruce "The Papaya" McLaren?

Bruce McLaren painted the very first McLaren racing cars Papaya Orange.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG