The online racing simulator
Is or is there not Aero-damage?
Hi folks!

Reading THIS wiki-article I recognized, LfS should not have aero-damage (as - I think - is also stated somewhere here in the forums).
Nevertheless, a few days ago I found myself in a situation, that made me think, there actually WAS aero-damage.
To be more precise:
I was running the FOX (don't remember the track exactly, but I think it was AS Club). Well, after a - rather small - impact on the wall, all of a sudden the car was quite unhandy to drive. Of course I checked for damages, but everything seemed ok. There was neither damage to tyres, clutch nor suspension. The only damage it obviously had was body-damage (a quite demolished rear-wing).
As to approve that, body-damage was the only thing repaired during a pitstop (at least that's what LfS told me) (I even did not change tyres) ... and afterwards everything was ok again ...

So ... was all this mere immagination or IS there (by now?) such thing as aero-damage?!?
there is no aero-damage, however, the car body can bend, if a part of bodywork is near the floor or hitting the floor, this will affect the handling
There is no aero damage, but as far as I know the weight distribution of the car can change on heavy impacts.
The suspension damage bars don't show wheelbase changes - one wheel can be pushed backwards relative to the other, which will change the handling somewhat.
Yeah, I already was wondering, because I remembered that there shouldn't be aero-damage (at least up to X) ... Well might be it was such thing as part of bodywork scratching over the track ... perhaps I should have made a replay to make sure ...
Well, thanks anyways

EDIT:
@tristan:
It doesn't show? Well ... that might be an even better explanation ... though, still, there wasn't mentioned anything but body-damage at pitstop ... weird ...
In which case it probably wasn't that.
Do you mean the big white text that appears in the middle of the screen or the insim message?

I've had insim tell me that I have refueled even if I have had refueling set to 0% and there has been no change in the amount of fuel. So if you are talking about insim messages they could be inaccurate.
It was both ingame and insim telling me the same thing ...
Only thing I can think of is that you lost the rhythm when you crashed. After a small breather, the pitstop, you got it back.
Here, just two gifs showing how an impact can shorten the wheelbase with no damage shown in the F10 menu. The gif with forces enabled also shows how the weight distribution changes, since the rear wheels basically got wedged below or at least closer to the engine, moving the weight bias backwards.
Attached images
smashed.gif
smashed_f.gif
^^ Android to the rescue yet again.

Nicely shown.
Quote from AndroidXP :Here, just two gifs showing how an impact can shorten the wheelbase with no damage shown in the F10 menu. The gif with forces enabled also shows how the weight distribution changes, since the rear wheels basically got wedged below or at least closer to the engine, moving the weight bias backwards.

With the same method you can probably increase the wheelbase too.

And that whole wheelbase changing is imho yet another flaw in the way LFS does suspension damage...
Quote from Hyperactive :With the same method you can probably increase the wheelbase too.

Well ... thanks guys ... I think this has been clearified by now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG