The online racing simulator
LFS Admin & Race Rotator
(88 posts, started )
#26 - drke
Just what I needed, thanQ very much .
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Edit: Minor bug? usernames in the Setup.txt have to be the same case as the actual player.

Yes, That is not a bug. Its just the way it works. Due to the fact if 2 people had a username that was only different by the case of one letter, It could cause problems.
Quote from mcgas001 :Yes, That is not a bug. Its just the way it works. Due to the fact if 2 people had a username that was only different by the case of one letter, It could cause problems.

You mean if someone registered "Johnnyappleseed" and then 1 year later someone else registered "JohnnyAppleseed"?

IIRC, you cannot do that. "Username is already taken". In LFS you can change the case of your username via unlock screen

-Dustin
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :You mean if someone registered "Johnnyappleseed" and then 1 year later someone else registered "JohnnyAppleseed"?

IIRC, you cannot do that. "Username is already taken" in LFS, you can change the case of your username via unlock screen

-Dustin

That may well be so, but LFS and the forum wont accept my username if try "Mcgas001"....
the forum doesnt, but LFS should :\

E: Look at attachments
Attached images
lfs_00000068.JPG
lfs_00000069.JPG
lfs_00000070.JPG
lfs_00000071.JPG
hmmm....wtf?, I'll have to do some research. If its wrong and does turn out to be a bug i'll fix it asap.
THAT IS GREAT NEWS FOR ME!!! I have been thinking it was case-sensitive as well, if there is some news on this issue PLEASE let me know... Would make a few things a bit easier for me so I don't need to sit there worrying about case sensitive names...
Quote from blackbird04217 :THAT IS GREAT NEWS FOR ME!!! I have been thinking it was case-sensitive as well, if there is some news on this issue PLEASE let me know... Would make a few things a bit easier for me so I don't need to sit there worrying about case sensitive names...

Yes, me also. I also thought that RCM messages had to be done by username. Strangly enough(Thanks to DarkTimes) i found out that you can use playername too. I just done a test in LFS and it *appears* its not case sensitive...
As far as I can work out, LFS is case-insensitive and colour-insensitive, DarkTimes, darktimes, DARKTIMES, DaRkTiMeS and ^4Dark^5Times are all considered by the game to be the same name.

Edit: there may be some situtions where this does not hold true, but it works in the tests I've done.
Well, I just went into my server. Joined in RB4, Drove along a bit. I then typed "/pitlane mcgas001". Worked fine. Tried "/pitlane MCGAS001", That works too. "/pitlane McGaS001". That also worked. So, LFS isnt case sensitve even though i thought it was. Means i now have to change some of this program....Great.
Well usernames don't have colors as far as I know... and I really hope this is true but I don't have the $50 to by S2 again ... Well this isn't really good or bad news but it is nice to know.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Well usernames don't have colors as far as I know... and I really hope this is true but I don't have the $50 to by S2 again ... Well this isn't really good or bad news but it is nice to know.

Sorry, you're correct that usernames don't have colours. I tested player and user names, and they seem to obey the same rules, and player names are colour-insensitive as well.
Update main post, Version 1.0.4 - See main post for info an pics.

E: Also, I have not yet changed the issue with the usernames, I need to do some more research first due to the fact if i make everything lowercase. It could cause issues...
This sounds like exactly what I need. I'll test it out. Thanks a bunch!
2 suggestions:

better car selection via config
able to select a layout
Can you give me more infomation on these suggestions please, Just so i have a nice clear picture.
like this for cars[attach], same with layout
Attached images
example.jpg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :like this for cars[attach], same with layout

Ahh, i think i see what your saying. Do you mean, On a track rotate, Basically make it possible to select more then one car?
Yep
Nice
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : double posted by accident
I like it
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Yep

Acutally, Ive just thought. I dont need to make any changes. If you want to have more then one car for each combo, Or make a "set" of cars. You can type it just like you do in LFS. "XFG+XRG". The program only splits the cars by the ',' So if you do like i said, It will let you have more the one car.
Quote from mcgas001 :Acutally, Ive just thought. I dont need to make any changes. If you want to have more then one car for each combo, Or make a "set" of cars. You can type it just like you do in LFS. "XFG+XRG". The program only splits the cars by the ',' So if you do like i said, It will let you have more the one car.

Ah, thanks for the info!
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
LOL, Whats that?

LFS Admin & Race Rotator
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG