The online racing simulator
Confused with leagues, etc
(6 posts, started )
So I want to join a league, but I don't know where to begin. I'm not really a beginner, nor am I very fast. Average at best? I've been playing LFS for a long long while, and I really only race at CTRA and ConeDodgers (a bit, and a failure at it). Also, no team (do I really need a team for leagues anyway?)

HALP
tl;dr: somewhat experienced racer wanting to join a league, but doesn't know what to do
www.lfs-lota.net it's perfect for LFS'er's at North America, when most ppl sleep (europe-asia) we are racing there. You should try there.
Then there are leagues wich you need a team, MoE, IGTC, and are for very fast people.
But if your average racer, not bad, you should try LFS Beginners cup.
PD: I'd recomend LOTA (League of the Americas)
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35

The origional LFS is the best place for anyone to join and have some fun. The spread of racers goes from newcomers to very fast drivers and since there's allways a few pools and they are spread with combos, your allmost gaurantee'd to race a group of peopple at the same stage as you.
If your willing to put in some practice on the different combos the Head-to-Head Racing Series is a unique league that I am running and I have heard lots of people saying it is very entertaining. Website Here

They run afternoons every other Saturday and starting this March 29th... This Saturday, 3pm eastern and I don't have a time estimate for the length of the event but probably 2 hours would be the max... This is a guess, I have never once timed the events...
gremwood,

There a ton of racing series and leagues you can join. League of the Americas (LOTA) has racing on Thursday evenings (two GTR leagues, one is unrestricted, one is field balanced with restrictions) and on Monday evenings (random cars/track chosen by the drivers). LOTA normally races at 9:30 PM EST. Comprehensive rule set, very well organized, and a great community.

On Saturdays, there are a number of leagues in which to race. Most are in Europe in their evenings, so you are looking at 2PM EST average start time locally. Original LFS League (OLFSL) is a good one because it places you in a pool that most closely matches your speed. If you are looking for an open wheel series, check out Open Wheel Racing League (OWRL), which like OLFSL, puts you in a pool per your speed and you move up as you prove your skill.

A few others that seem pretty active to check out:Also, keep an eye on the Leagues and Events section on these forums. You can see discussion forums for most leagues (some are info only as the convos happen off site), and also information on single events that can be a lot of fun.

Regarding the IGTC and MoE...these series you need to be part of a team to get into these series, and they are very tough leagues that attract some of the best racers in LFS. Not to discourage you in looking toward these as a goal...just be informed of the difficulty and requirements.

As you can see, there are a ton of choices. Check into them, see what you think fits you. Just remember that league racing will generally be more serious than pick-up racing, even the organized pick-up racing like CTRA. You get out of league racing what you put into it, so if you are willing to work at it, league racing can be very fun and rewarding.
#6 - J@tko
Apart from plugging the LFSBC (see link above - we're at last round of season, which you'd be very welcome to), I'd certainly reccommend the Unity Tuesday Races. At the first round, I had basically no practice, but was still not (quite) the slowest, and had some great racing.

The UF Racers Club seem to be about to start another may-hem cup, which should be interesting too.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG