The online racing simulator
GIMP help
(20 posts, started )
GIMP help
im using GIMP2 as a program to make my skins, and im making XRT skin atm.
I need some help getting the yellow part () move over the roof (attachment is just to show the idea ofc).
And to have the black line of the flame move over the hood () but not completely, so that the part near the window is still other colour.
Im also having trouble that the yellow part on the side is a nice fluid line, atm its quite choppy and looks ugly ingame.
Please, dont flame me for being newb T_T
Attached images
XRT_not2.jpg
XRT_not.jpg
XRT_1.jpg
i use gimp too, ill see if i can get ya some kind of tutorial. takes a min
just first of all, take paintbrush, or something else tool u want to draw with. make a little part of it(press once to place u want to start drawing line) then press shift(keep it) and you can see little line what starts from the place u draw something, that shows u where the line is going. and when u have the right place just leftclick on mouse and it draws line.
aah, ty
if i understanded right, u wanna copy some of the flame and put it over the hood. theres four tools to do it, u can see them in the menu. then there is those tools that are called Rectangle section,Ellipse selection, free select tool, Fuzzy select tool. u can test them and u see what u can with them. in this case when u wanna copy flames, select the Fuzzy select tool. then click inside the flame. then go edit-->copy . then u go edit-->paste and u can move it how u want. then if u want u can roll the flames, and do something else too. youll learn this better when use gimp a long time. sry if i didnt make things clear and sry for my bad english.
thanks, you quite helped me
I just got 1 more question, and that is how to use wireframes really?
bcuz atm im just skinning on the wireframes, and im having some trouble removing them from my skin, so are there any better ways to do it??
Quote from Math1js :thanks, you quite helped me
I just got 1 more question, and that is how to use wireframes really?
bcuz atm im just skinning on the wireframes, and im having some trouble removing them from my skin, so are there any better ways to do it??

i dont actually know, i will always paint over them while im making skin
okay, thats also what im doing atm , i think the skin will be done soon, so i will post it here
this is what it has become
its my 3rd skin btw
Attached images
XRT_finalMath1.jpg
this is what it has become
its my 3rd skin btw
Attached images
XRT_green3.jpg
I'm not claiming to be any good butif you need help I'm used to Gimp.
im using gimp even when im having adobe photoshop CS3 extended. no can do, i just fell love into gimp and CS3 needs lots of practise.
im making skins using both of them
I think some of the best ways to fill things in was using the quick select (not the magic wand one) and quick mask tool (since its really easy but takes a while to correct). Also tried using the Pen tool to make vectors but I don't know how to bend the line to make good curves nor do I want to set a billion points in a curve to make it look like one.

Well that's for photoshop. I think the pen tool in GIMP would also work very well since all you really need to do is set points in such a way that it makes shapes (again, sometimes the problem is bending those lines to make curves).
Quote from LFSn00b :That looks actually pretty nice, now try to do the flames on your own without any copy pasteing

+1
Quote from Dalek0220 :+1

making flames on my own is quite hard, aint it?
Again, please if you got info or tips...post

-edit-
i realised this colour scheme makes the car look a bit 'toy alike'
someone can think of any better colour scheme? (<3 purpleh)

-edit2-
got another question ^^, ive seen alot of skins wich have bodykits (shadowkits thingy's)
and im wondering how to use them on a skin...
Quote from Math1js :making flames on my own is quite hard, aint it?
Again, please if you got info or tips...post

-edit-
i realised this colour scheme makes the car look a bit 'toy alike'
someone can think of any better colour scheme? (<3 purpleh)

-edit2-
got another question ^^, ive seen alot of skins wich have bodykits (shadowkits thingy's)
and im wondering how to use them on a skin...

OMG!
u got the most funnyest avatar ive ever seen
haha, ty
although answering my question could be good also :P
Quote from Math1js :haha, ty
although answering my question could be good also :P

srry, cant answer them, i dont use gimp so, i use photoshop
Anyway, to bump this thread ^^, i were wondering how to work with layers.
Cuz i hear alot of peaple talking about layers for using skinning, because it makes it so much easyer. So id like to know how to work with layers and above all, what are layers good for?
Ty in advance.
You can use a shadow kit by placing it as the top layer, and then setting it on "Multiply" instead of "Normal". That way it is applied to all layers "under" it.
sry, i dont really get you :P , so i made a skin, and then i can put the shadow kit on top of it? I just done that with a skin of mine by going to file>Open as layer>XRT_aerokit :P

GIMP help
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG