The online racing simulator
Keyboard no more! *chucks keyboard out window*
Well just bought a DFP from amazon, should be here friday.

Does it have a paddle shift behind the steering wheel? how much rotation does it have? And whats the best to run it on?

Thanks.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well just bought a DFP from amazon, should be here friday.

Does it have a paddle shift behind the steering wheel? how much rotation does it have? And whats the best to run it on?

Thanks.

No paddles, 900 degree of rotation, use between 240 and 360 for 'normal' racing unless you want to burn the shit out of yourself for the ego.
#3 - DeKo
doesnt have paddles as such, has buttons to press to change gear. and what the hell riders is the point in buying a 900 degree wheel then only using a 1/3rd of its ability?
#4 - ajp71
Quote from DeKo :doesnt have paddles as such, has buttons to press to change gear. and what the hell riders is the point in buying a 900 degree wheel then only using a 1/3rd of its ability?

If you use too large steering lock the wheels force feedback cannot keep up and ends up being detrimental. Have a search for the 'Neil's test' on youtube. I'd strongly recommend you don't even consider using more than 540 degrees for racing, 300 is a bit extreme, I find 400 the best compromise.
Quote from ajp71 :If you use too large steering lock the wheels force feedback cannot keep up and ends up being detrimental. Have a search for the 'Neil's test' on youtube. I'd strongly recommend you don't even consider using more than 540 degrees for racing, 300 is a bit extreme, I find 400 the best compromise.

even if you put the feedback force ( or whatever the name is ) at the maximum, there's still that "delay" ?
Finally got it today and one some tracks im already faster, it friggin good
Quote from Riders Motion :No paddles, 900 degree of rotation, use between 240 and 360 for 'normal' racing unless you want to burn the shit out of yourself for the ego.

That's pretty stupid... Might aswell buying a Momo... Goes 270 degrees... Way better then wasting money for nothing on a DFP.

On my G25 I use 720 most of the time unless im in a single seater :P

Hope you like the DFP
Quote from evilpimp :That's pretty stupid... Might aswell buying a Momo... Goes 270 degrees... Way better then wasting money for nothing on a DFP.

On my G25 I use 720 most of the time unless im in a single seater :P

Hope you like the DFP

Momo goes 240 degrees...

I know because I got one.
I have one too... As long as I can remember Red one is 240 and black one is 270 and I looked around on websites and some say 270 some 240 for the black one. Anyways, mines set to 270 and its workin fine
i think it was a bad idea throwing the keyboard out the window cause what will u type wth?
Quote from Luke.S :i think it was a bad idea throwing the keyboard out the window cause what will u type wth?

Joy2Key maybe? It´s a bit limited in Characters if you don´t have enough Buttons... but who knows?
yh he might have a virtual keyboard for all we know lol and he clicks the letters.
Quote from Riders Motion :Momo goes 240 degrees...

I know because I got one.

OT: so why do you use keyboard to drift ?
Pffft i send telopathic waves, i don't actually type what i say in game, that's so lame

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG