The online racing simulator
XF GTi DRIFT SETUP!!!!!!
(30 posts, started )
Quote from Gunn :Initiated by brakes, not controlled by.

Anyway FF can't drift. Lol.

Until the Apex, the balance and angle of the car is controlled by the brake pedal. After the apex the accelerator is used (RWD).
Fact is, it's the corner entry that seperates the good drifters from the bad, anyone with a heavy foot can go sideways out of a corner.
Live for Sideways, I do think you don't mean that the brake is the only thing used to control the balance and angle of the car in drifting right?

if you're referring to "braking drift", then that's true.

Drifting is very dynamic and "loose", there's many other ways to drift than just simply using the brakes.
Just hopping off the throttle when turning will cause EVERY car's rear stepping out, no matter if they're RWD, AWD or FWD... And you won't need any brakes at all (where's the skill in sliding with handbrake? )...
Quote from bbman :(where's the skill in sliding with handbrake? )...

well using the handbrake in a drift is considered a skill too, handbrake's a tool, the tool is there (E-brake in LFS is pretty nicely done and I like it a lot) and if the driver's able to use it to improvise his drifting (sometimes even correcting errors) I think he's pretty good, IMO.

basically whatever you do in your car (I'm talking LFS, not real life), as long as you achieve your goals, that's skill right there. Even though I personally disagree with fwd "drifts", but I can't deny that there's plenty of people out there that can perform fwd slides pretty darn well, that is skill right there.
:iagree:

XF GTi DRIFT SETUP!!!!!!
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG