The online racing simulator
What do you think of Singapore?
(39 posts, started )
My thoughts of Singapore? They have some VERY cute ladies, but be VERY VERY careful what bars you find them in, you might get a portion of meat&two veg instead of furry doughnut!!! Also, I seem to recall beer being very cheap
Was in Singapore in 1974 at RAF Tengah, working on Hawker Hunters for the RSAF
Has it changed much?
Sorry hiroshima ,but that is not really personal, u never had any problems with a malaysian if i'm correct? U base your opinion of a whole country on a few thugs who bothered someone (one at that..not even 3or more) of your relatives. I know it can be hard to seperate an event from the country/place it happened..but u should blame the persons who did it, not everyone they live near.

Should I claim all Singaporeans are mean greedy bastards because i once had a problem with a cabby who refused to open his trunk and let me get my luggage till i paid him over double the price i ever paid before for the same ride. (called the police ofc and it was quickly solved)
Or maybe call u all aggressive bastards because there was one bartender who got violent early in the morning when he was too drunk and we had no interest at all in being taken home by him and 3 of his girls...
I'm sure u wouldn't have been happy if that was the image i painted of Singapore in my above posts.

But I will leave it at that..u are free to dislike all of Malaysia, just like they are free to dislike the whole of Singapore and refuse to sell u drinkable water or sand for your landreclamation projects. It's not helpful or constructive in any way..but so what, right?

Blade: I wasn't born yet in '74 so I can't say how different it looks, but my guess is u would hardly recognize it. Their whole skyline is now filled with highrise buildings and some very modern architecture, their airport is one of the most efficient and well kept i have ever seen, many of their smaller islands have been linked with bridges or simply joined together into one bigger island and so forth.
It probably still has some of the same feel ,but my guess is that visually it's very different from how u knew it in '74.
I think it was signapore, but I.m not sure. This American kid keyed some cars and got caught. The penalty was caning. I remember when it happened, Half of the country thought that was a cruel punishment, the other half thought it was a good idea....
I dunno I think Signapore has too many laws, but then again not too many people in Signapore get shot by strangers for making eye contact either.
Quote from Bladerunner :My thoughts of Singapore? They have some VERY cute ladies, but be VERY VERY careful what bars you find them in, you might get a portion of meat&two veg instead of furry doughnut!!! Also, I seem to recall beer being very cheap
Was in Singapore in 1974 at RAF Tengah, working on Hawker Hunters for the RSAF
Has it changed much?

so you're saying singapore is similar to thailand
So you're saying Thailand is similar to Sydney ...
Does LFS tend to be more multi-cultural than other games? It seems to be the case. I think it's great. With a relatively small community I guess people can't congregate into little groups. The most obvious cases are MMORPGs which separate servers by country. Steam offers server filtering by country.

Quote from Hankstar :So you're saying Thailand is similar to Sydney ...

First thing that came to my mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_vs._Australia
#32 - JJ72
And yeah one thing.

Do singapore still have that penalty where the offender get smacked in their ass by a plank until it bleeds?
Quote from JJ72 :And yeah one thing.

Do singapore still have that penalty where the offender get smacked in their ass by a plank until it bleeds?

They still have caning...why?
Looking forward to going for a visit??:hide:
Quote from Bladerunner :Was in Singapore in 1974 at RAF Tengah, working on Hawker Hunters for the RSAF
Has it changed much?

OMG Did you say Hawker Hunters? Nice. You must be from RAF then. So, how old are you now?

P.S I love Hunters too. I'm a fan of them

Quote from Noccy :Should I claim all Singaporeans are mean greedy bastards because i once had a problem with a cabby who refused to open his trunk and let me get my luggage till i paid him over double the price i ever paid before for the same ride. (called the police ofc and it was quickly solved)

Ok fine since NOT ALL are baddies... I apologise to those whom are concerned Btw we have many of these cabbies in Singapore who treated foreigners as if they are treasure-bearers or, foreigners must pay more for the same level of service... They are called "Road Thugs" in Singapore FYI. Although they won't literally, kill you, but they will 'dig' your pocket for money till it's dried...

Quote from Racer Y :I think it was signapore, but I.m not sure. This American kid keyed some cars and got caught. The penalty was caning. I remember when it happened, Half of the country thought that was a cruel punishment, the other half thought it was a good idea....

I dunno I think Signapore has too many laws, but then again not too many people in Signapore get shot by strangers for making eye contact either.

Oh you mean Michael Faye... He got OWN'D in Singapore. Tough luck getting OWND here, it's not nice to get a harsh punishment in Singapore if you're a foreigner, but okay if you're local, since you know the punishments, you won't go and do it. And that Singapore banned the personal ownership of weapons for a normal citizen. You can't keep them or buy them, but you can use them(only if you're a police or a soldier)
Hey dude get S2 and we can race together. =]
I can't lah, Alkanphel-brudda... My dad won't buy it man. He doesn't have credit card and he says it's a waste of money. I won't waste so much of my saliva and sweat to convince him, he's too hard
Quote from hiroshima guy :OMG Did you say Hawker Hunters? Nice. You must be from RAF then. So, how old are you now?

P.S I love Hunters too. I'm a fan of them

Ok fine since NOT ALL are baddies... I apologise to those whom are concerned Btw we have many of these cabbies in Singapore who treated foreigners as if they are treasure-bearers or, foreigners must pay more for the same level of service... They are called "Road Thugs" in Singapore FYI. Although they won't literally, kill you, but they will 'dig' your pocket for money till it's dried...

Oh you mean Michael Faye... He got OWN'D in Singapore. Tough luck getting OWND here, it's not nice to get a harsh punishment in Singapore if you're a foreigner, but okay if you're local, since you know the punishments, you won't go and do it. And that Singapore banned the personal ownership of weapons for a normal citizen. You can't keep them or buy them, but you can use them(only if you're a police or a soldier)

Yeah, him. It gets better with that kid though. About a year or so after that, He got arrested for assault here in the US. He tried to beat up his father. I guess you could ay he got "caned" here too. After all, all he got was a "slap on the wrist" punishment.

A guy I grew up with has a father that used to teach some sort of law enforcement class at a jr college. He said that on average American citizens commit something like 5 felonies (only 5?) in their lifetime. These aren't usually violent crimes, but still felonies.
Dang, I gotta go.
Quote from Racer Y :About a year or so after that, He got arrested for assault here in the US. He tried to beat up his father.

Sigh, looks like the same person never learns...
lol

What do you think of Singapore?
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG