Hello

Why in the replays is isn't the > , < , >> , << , II play bouton

So its very easyer

Thank's
Quote from RAM0011 :Hello

Why in the replays is isn't the > , < , >> , << , II play bouton

So its very easyer

Thank's

Unfortunately I'm new to LFS, but not that new to racing simulators. With that I think the replay only saves the input data (wheel, brake, throttle, gearing and such) for the driver that saved the replay, and "position" for the rest of the drivers. When a replay is played back the simulation is run again, but now get the input data from the file instead of the driver. This makes it very hard to rewind. You would have to do the simulation backwards.

A simpler solution would be to save the state of the simulation after each lap so you could at least rewind one or more laps. This would make the work for race judges much easier. Saving a simulation's state takes more time than just saving the input data and the other cars "position", so it's not that simple to do in real time... Geoff Crammond did this however with his Grand Prix 2 in the mid 90's, so it's doable. Come to think of it, every time you hit pause in LFS, the state of the simulation is known, so maybe it would not be that hard to save in real time?

Even better perhaps, when you hit pause you could have choice to save the state, so you could rewind to that position. Now that would be a really nice feature.

That's what I think anyway .
but for VY ?
Ok ThanKs LoT
Quote from JO53PHS :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=472261#post472261

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH, OH THE MAGICAL SEARCH.

But that's an add-on application. I would like to have this feature in LFS, and since you can pause in LFS it should not be that hard to code the feature of setting a "bookmark". This could perhaps also be done during the racing, everytime the driver exits the last corner, but if this affects the fps too much, then there could be a feature that "bookmarks" an already existing mpr/spr file.
Yes, this has been discussed many times in the past. A better replay control system would definitely be beneficial, for example for server admins/race marshals who have to review races to give out penalties, especially if it was an endurance race.

As you've correctly established, rewinding per se is not possible. Instead a keyframing system to jump to certain points of the replay is the way to go.

However, Scawen's prioritization of tasks has always been a little mysterious; while this suggestion, as many others, might be useful, thought-through and at least from my point of view as programmer not too hard to implement conceptually, it already has been around for years and I expect it to stay around for quite a while before it or similarly useful suggestions (better setup organization, setup notes, ...) get implemented - if they ever get implemented, that is.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, this has been discussed many times in the past. A better replay control system would definitely be beneficial, for example for server admins/race marshals who have to review races to give out penalties, especially if it was an endurance race.

As you've correctly established, rewinding per se is not possible. Instead a keyframing system to jump to certain points of the replay is the way to go.

However, Scawen's prioritization of tasks has always been a little mysterious; while this suggestion, as many others, might be useful, thought-through and at least from my point of view as programmer not too hard to implement conceptually, it already has been around for years and I expect it to stay around for quite a while before it or similarly useful suggestions (better setup organization, setup notes, ...) get implemented - if they ever get implemented, that is.

When you're old like me you've noticed that done correctly, nagging actually works .

If you come up with a product that sucks, then you get almost no suggestions to improve it, but if you come up with something as brilljant as LFS, then you get loads and loads of suggestions, so hopefully the developers take the suggestions as praise .

Personally I just love the physics engine in LFS, and I know love is a very strong word .

Replay difficult
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG