The online racing simulator
mprEdit - Admins wishlist
(4 posts, started )
#1 - MikeB
Hi,

I am posting here to collect information about what you, the league admins and marshalls, are expecting from future mprEdit development.
(In case you don't know mprEdit yet, check this thread for information!)

As it seems the core functionality is working quite well, so now I can start working on a proper GUI and potential new features. So I would like to ask you:
- What is most annoying with mprEdit?
- What feature/functionality are you missing?
- Where do you see room for improvement?

To get you started, here is a list of already requested features in the main thread:
  • Geforz: Relabel "save" button to "save as" to indicate that the replay will not be overwritten [already integrated in my version]
  • J.B.: remember the mpr folder location for future use [already integrated in my version]
  • J.B.: display names without the colour coding characters [already integrated in my version]
  • J.B.: add a "save and load in LFS" button (preferably in a new instance of LFS in case it is already open)
  • MaKaKaZo: Possibility to create several files at one time. Like, you have a '+' buttón below the main pilot/selector that when pressed adds another line in which you can choose another pilot and beginning/ending point. You can add as many as you want and they are created as "filename_#.mpr".
  • MaKaKaZo: Possibility to create a single mpr file with the content of some laps concatenated. Based on the idea above, you select a few intervals and decide to either create separated files or one file with all the contents that would simply "skip" the parts not choosen.
  • Simon: automatic split of replay by laps. If race has 24 laps, mprEdit splits replay into 24 replays. Could be very interesting for movie making.
In LOTA, I process protest by first getting a replay snippet (thank you mprEDIT!!!!) that is as small as possible. This was a life saver in race 1 of our latest league in which we had 3 protests that were several laps deep into an hour long race.

If I know the accident happened on lap 3 in the turn at the end of the Blackwood backstraight, I get it on the lap of the incident, starting with going into sector 2 of lap 3 and ending with going into lap 3 sector 3 and indicate who to follow. Invariably, it doesn't follow the driver I asked about, and I have to pause, bring up the connections list, select the driver, and then start the replay.

Either fix (sorry if it has been already) the "follow car..." part, or start the replay paused.

All of the other issues, like remembering the mpr folder location have seemingly been fixed, and all the wish list items I can think of have already been suggested.

I have on more than one occasion literally voiced the words "mprEDIT friggin' rocks!".
#3 - MikeB
Quote from banshee56 :In LOTA, I process protest by first getting a replay snippet (thank you mprEDIT!!!!) that is as small as possible. This was a life saver in race 1 of our latest league in which we had 3 protests that were several laps deep into an hour long race.

If I know the accident happened on lap 3 in the turn at the end of the Blackwood backstraight, I get it on the lap of the incident, starting with going into sector 2 of lap 3 and ending with going into lap 3 sector 3 and indicate who to follow. Invariably, it doesn't follow the driver I asked about, and I have to pause, bring up the connections list, select the driver, and then start the replay.

Either fix (sorry if it has been already) the "follow car..." part, or start the replay paused.

To understand you right: You expect that lfs should start replay playback with camera focus on the car selected in mprEdit? Thats an interesting idea... But I have not much confidence that this can be influenced. Probably by changing the order of the Cars in the replay header, but that might have other side effects. I'll give it a try
Well, I was thinking about what I said and requested, and I realize that the "Following car..." part is more to specify which lap that car is on for the start point in the replay cutting process, not so that when you start the replay in LFS its is following that car. The paused request would be handy, still.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG