The online racing simulator
Lost Season 4 [***SPOILERS]
(76 posts, started )
#1 - axus
[NOTE: This thread may contain spoilers from the episodes already aired]

So, any Lost nutters around?
Loving the 4th season or what? I think it's brilliant. The pace has been upped, we're finally getting some answers and we've seen some of the best acting on any TV show by Desmond in ep5 especially and Daniel Faraday and Ben throughout.

What are your thoughts on the (countless) reveals so far?
Good god it's wierd, not sure chucking the whole time travel thing into the pot is a good idea, because that only throws up a whole lot more paradoxes into the mix.

Still an enjoyable 45 mins though.

SKY here have been billing it as "finally you will get answers", me and my missus just sit there after each episode going.....WTF was that all about? LOL, no answers yet, just a shed load more questions.
#3 - axus
Well it would seem that it's 24 Dec both on and off the island so the change happens in travelling to or away from the island. Bearing 305 seems to have a special significance. It's as if the barrier is a sort of wormhole stretched over time so go through at the right angle and you end up at the right time. Go through at the wrong angle and you may end up somewhere in the past or future. And somehow the effect of radiation and electromagnetism results in the conciousness skipping back and forth between the two times.

What I would dearly like to know is what Christian Sheppard is doing in Jacob's shack (it is indeed him for those who haven't looked carefully).

EDIT: Also remember that Michael was sent off at a bearing of 325. Is it possible that he was sent off into the past?
Indeed the Desmond time travelling did confuse me at first, but then it had happened before (remember when he recognised Charlie in London outside Widmore's company?), and when the lady at the Jewelers shop said no to allowing him to buy the ring.

I wanna know how Kate got hold of Aaron, and perhaps she should of stayed on the Island, considering she nearly got sent to jail.
Exactly, it's just bloody mental LOL
That last episode with time travel is definately the best i've seen so far. Its a frustrating show to watch though. I still think in the first season they just threw things in without fully knowing the entire LOST story and are now paying for it by having to come up with explanations for it. I mean the whole black smoke thing that makes weird noises? The random Polar Bear and random (empty) zoo. Also i really hate Jack as a character.
Loving it!!!

Lots of answers, very few new questions... They even managed an entire time travel episode without introducing a single paradox - impressive.

Can't wait until tomorrow morning when I get to watch the next one
Argh, I hadn't even realised the season had started..

Gonna watch all the ones aired over the weekend then!
I'm so pissed off. I thought with the disaster that was season 3 I'd finally killed off my need to watch this show. Managed to skip the first three of this season, but people kept telling me it'd recovered. And it has, kinda. Argh.
#10 - axus
What are you on about? Season 3 was epic.
That Desmond episode was awesome. I think he's one of the more interesting characters because he was there when the rest of them crashed and he's had plenty of opportunity to go quite quite mad
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Seasons 2 and 3 were both pretty much worthless with occasional spurts of brilliance. Season 4 has been full on brilliant and it's giving me (irrational, I think) hope.

Here's hoping Season 4 of Battlestar can pull a similar recovery.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Seasons 2 and 3 were both pretty much worthless with occasional spurts of brilliance. Season 4 has been full on brilliant and it's giving me (irrational, I think) hope.

Here's hoping Season 4 of Battlestar can pull a similar recovery.

Not likely with half the cast appearing in Bionic Woman!
#14 - axus
Brilliant episodes in season 3: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. 18/22 is not a bad success rate.
Quote from tristancliffe :Loving it!!!

This was unexpected. Usually you have higher-than-high demands for pretty much everything, looks like it doesn't with tv
Quote from axus :Brilliant episodes in season 3: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. 18/22 is not a bad success rate.

Certainly a matter of opinion there.
I agree, the last episode about Desmond really was one of the best for a long time. LOST seemed to just be kicking its heels and milking the success for all its worth in the way Prison Break has done since.
Now it looks like they actually want to make a good show again, and it has regained my wavering interest.

I'd wager Tristan's post is very much sarcastic, except apparently he watched it.
#18 - SamH
Quote from axus :Brilliant episodes in season 3: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. 18/22 is not a bad success rate.

Subjective.. personally, my favourite episodes so far have been 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.
Sam,
#20 - SamH
Whaaat?

Actually, on Cable over here we can't get Season 4. I don't think we got Season 3, actually. I've been downloading the episodes from t'internet.. I need my fix! Still waiting for Ep.6 to show up on Newzbin...
Quote from SamH :Whaaat?

Actually, on Cable over here we can't get Season 4. I don't think we got Season 3, actually. I've been downloading the episodes from t'internet.. I need my fix! Still waiting for Ep.6 to show up on Newzbin...

Sky One are on ep4 from what i know anyway.
Quote from deggis :This was unexpected. Usually you have higher-than-high demands for pretty much everything, looks like it doesn't with tv

I don't watch a lot of TV. Lost, Top Gear, F1, MotoGP and Grand Designs. So I'm not really in the position to state what's good or not It was my housemates at uni that got me into Lost. And my girlfriend's mother is trying to make me like 24 (it does seem quite good, but requires a lot of dedication to watch all 24 episodes, so I've got to about 4am in Series 1).
really enjoying this series, as I have all the Lost series'. I was never too bothered about the stuff not being answered. I like the interesting stories and guessing myself what might happen. The recent Desmond episode was really good though. The first almost self contained and some-what resolved Lost episode.
The new characters introduced this season are also very good. Daniel, the chopper pilot, etc

is this going to be the last series though?
#24 - SamH
Quote from rc10racer :Sky One are on ep4 from what i know anyway.

Virgin doesn't carry Sky One any more, so it's not available on my telly
Quote from DratsaB :is this going to be the last series though?

No, they have committed to 6 series, the last three of which will only have 16 episodes in them. The answers have, apparently, all been chosen, and it's just a case of seeing it through. Now the show has the direction it was missing in Season 2 (and some of season 3) it should be a good thing.

(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG