The online racing simulator
LFSWORLD on HTC Dual Touch
(8 posts, started )
Hi all,

i got an HTC Dual Touch with Windows Mobile 6 and when i try to join on LFSWORLD it show only the light blue background and nothing else.

I know that Lfsworld is not only a simple web page and think that uses java or something like that, have you ever try to surf on lfworld with any PDA?

There's something that i'll could try to do to fix it or is out of the capabilities of my device?

thank you.
I just tried Opera Mini and that got as far as the main LFSW screen. Clicking the icons didn't work though. I would try Opera Mobile, which is for Windows Mobile/Symbian S60 phones/PDAs. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what other browsers are available on Windows Mobile.
Quote from JohnUK89 :I just tried Opera Mini and that got as far as the main LFSW screen. Clicking the icons didn't work though. I would try Opera Mobile, which is for Windows Mobile/Symbian S60 phones/PDAs. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what other browsers are available on Windows Mobile.

My understanding is if it uses active X components it won't work on windows mobile.
It seems that older versions of Firefox can`t load LFSWorld eighter. At least I had to install a new version to be able clicking on the icons and navigate around.
Quote from SabersKunk :My understanding is if it uses active X components it won't work on windows mobile.

It doesn't use ActiveX, or if it does then somehow the FOSS crowd have found a way to run it. IIRC it's AJAX-based, which would make it a lot more cross-compatible
Actually opera wii browser does work, for lfs world, unfortunatly not for the live tracker :/ would be awesome if that would work
Quote from guybrush :Actually opera wii browser does work, for lfs world, unfortunatly not for the live tracker :/ would be awesome if that would work

That's because the Wii browser is essentially a full version of Opera. The original post was talking about a Windows Mobile based device, which is a lot less powerful under the hood and has a smaller screen, thus limiting what it can do.

Back to the original post: I'm not sure whether WM6 can run WM5 apps, but if they can you can try Minimo (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/). Apparently it supports Javascript and AJAX stuff rather well. Worth a shot!
Quote from guybrush :Actually opera wii browser does work, for lfs world, unfortunatly not for the live tracker :/ would be awesome if that would work

Yeah I noticed that too, would be nice to be able to watch races on LFS remote on the big screen.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG