The online racing simulator
Make 2 and 3 Free
(34 posts, started )
Make 2 and 3 Free
Guys, u have to say that ctra is the best serve that can be, and then u block the server with the real cars to the public. isnt that a bit, dunno, bad, or doesnt it make u have less drivers??
CTRA is fuking awsome, but the systems is s(h)it
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Stefani24 :Guys, u have to say that ctra is the best serve that can be, and then u block the server with the real cars to the public. isnt that a bit, dunno, bad, or doesnt it make u have less drivers??
CTRA is fuking awsome, but the systems is s(h)it

It's to ensure clean racing in those servers.
But i mean no server, really changes tracks that often and ctra1 is public free and clean (maybe only me sees that so, but never had real probs, its racing guys). So its a stupid thing to empty race 2 and 3 servers to provide "clean" racing
#4 - SamH
Having restrictions on Race 2 and Race 3, and Single Seater 2 and 3, is a fundamental part of the CTRA. Even if they sit empty for a lot of the time, that's okay by us.

We want to provide a place for clean and experienced drivers to race *when they want*, whenever they want. These servers provide this opportunity. Opening them to entry-level drivers would completely defeat the purpose. The standards in Race 1 and Single Seater 1 are not nearly comparable to the higher servers.
Well, this is really not how you should suggest something, but hey...

The entry-level servers are nowhere approaching clean. They're not as bad as they used to be, but if you think the only issues in entry-level servers are racing incidents then I'm not surprised to see that you hold no higher-tier licences and have entered less than 50 races.

More experienced drivers mostly find that the gap between the unlicenced servers and the restricted, higher-standard servers is very noticeable; and more experienced drivers often have a very different idea of clean racing to those who treat it in a pick-up-and-drive manner.

I'd rather have a race where I can be side-by-side with other cars, less than a metre apart at full speed, with five on the grid than a great big wreck-fest with twenty-five on the grid. And I don't think I'm alone in that, so opening up faster, more difficult to master cars to the general racing public is somewhat dangerous to those who have worked to prove their worth.

Sam
#6 - xtm
As Sam already said, doing so would completely defeat the purpose of the whole CTRA system. I myself was astonished by the level of racing on CTRA2&3 after I got my silver license. Race1 might be relatively clean, but compared to the higher servers - it's like banger racing. Just earn your silver and you will see for yourself
ok, that would be fine if there would be servers with changing tracks every hour. but there are none!!
Maybe u could open ctra race beginner 2 and 3, for beginners and no licenses, so it would be ok to have a wreckfest, but a wreckfest like conedodgers, thats running 24/7 on the same combo, is BORING. If u dont understand what i mean: I JUST WANT RACING, llike ctra 1 but with better cars, the cars on ctra 1 are just crap.
Quote from Stefani24 :ok, that would be fine if there would be servers with changing tracks every hour. but there are none!!
Maybe u could open ctra race beginner 2 and 3, for beginners and no licenses, so it would be ok to have a wreckfest, but a wreckfest like conedodgers, thats running 24/7 on the same combo, is BORING. If u dont understand what i mean: I JUST WANT RACING, llike ctra 1 but with better cars, the cars on ctra 1 are just crap.

Then you have not learned the art of racing =) A lot of the higher licensed drivers race on race1 because the racing is so close and entertaining.

There are plenty of cars out there that are easy to drive faster than XFG and XRG but there is a reason why they are slow, they give a chance for newish drivers, like yourself, to learn how to properly handle a car in race situations while still providing as much time as possible to people to overcome little mistakes without incident.

If you cannot drive the slow cars at a pace to earn the licenses to enter into the higher servers we don't want you running in the faster cars where reactions NEED to be EVEN faster than they have to be in Race1. Is it easy, no it's not, if it was what would be the point. Keep at it and try to get your laptimes down aswell as preventing any yellows during a race and you will quickly see yourself with a bronze and silver license. Having a yellow free race is worth as many points as the fastest laptime =)
I CAN handle higher cars, but xfg isnt really fun. but the faster cars (seem to be) fun, when u race them. In the lfsbc, I raced the fox round ky2, and could hold it real stable, so i dont see the problem of u.
Quote from Stefani24 :I CAN handle higher cars, but xfg isnt really fun. but the faster cars (seem to be) fun, when u race them. In the lfsbc, I raced the fox round ky2, and could hold it real stable, so i dont see the problem of u.

And yet you managed to 'stall' it
Quote from Stefani24 :Maybe u could open ctra race beginner 2 and 3, for beginners and no licenses

Part of your original argument was that having the higher servers restricted is resulting in too few racers per server, and now you're suggesting that more are added?

Sam
Quote from J@tko :And yet you managed to 'stall' it

a car crashed in fornt of me and i forgot to clutch
@dark elite:
i think the serevrs will be full when there are no licenses, like race 1
Quote from Stefani24 :a car crashed in fornt of me and i forgot to clutch
@dark elite:
i think the serevrs will be full when there are no licenses, like race 1

Then whats the point of the CTRA? We might as well go back to having the wrecker barricade and remove the CTRA from helping leagues with providing quality racers, which is the whole point of the system besides trying to educate drivers on the rules and etiquette of racing.

If you cannot handle the slow cars you don't deserve the right to drive the fast cars to put it simply.

If you really can drive a faster car as well as needed to drive in the higher servers then you wouldn't have a problem earning points in the slow cars, it's not that hard. I went from bronze to gold in less than a month IIRC and I never really liked driving the slower cars either.
Quote from Stefani24 :a car crashed in fornt of me and i forgot to clutch

That is exactly the sort of instinctive thing that comes from experience, and experience only. When forgetting to do something vital in a slow car, the consequences aren't so great, but if you stuff up in a very fast car that's right on its limit, you are going to take people down with you. Hence, only experienced drivers are allowed in the faster cars.

Quote from Stefani24 :i think the serevrs will be full when there are no licenses, like race 1

Maybe for a little while. But it wouldn't take long for people to realise that new drivers + powerful cars = disaster waiting to happen, and so a lot of those wanting points would get back into Race 1. It's a lot harder for someone to wreck you in an XFG than it is a GT2 FXR. Then, of course, there is the fact that a lot of people in Race 1 are there solely to access the higher-tier cars and servers - removing that goal would mean a lot of people sitting around wondering why they were trying for points in the first place.

As Chris says, the licence tier system really is a large part of the entire point of the system. Take it away, and you just have a set of public servers with no structure and no standards.

Sam
#15 - SamH
#16 - VoiD
Quote from Stefani24 :...and then u block the server with the real cars to the public.

They are free for all higher/proofed-licenced drivers.
We are not interested in some sort of Banger-racing. Get your silver/international licence, earn some respect (you survived the entry-servers) and join the so-called "real" racing. According to your stats here and on LFSW theres alot of work to do...

Quote from Stefani24 :...CTRA is fuking awsome, but the systems is s(h)it

uhmm, what..?
the system of ctra is inaczeptable, i drove like 5 Super races, finsihed between p10 and p15 and i NEVER got points, ill NEVER get on silver, with this point system.
HRMPF
oh yes, coz of that i think it'll take a long time till i visit ctra again
Quote from Stefani24 :the system of ctra is inaczeptable,

What?

Quote from Stefani24 :i drove like 5 Super races, finsihed between p10 and p15 and i NEVER got points, ill NEVER get on silver, with this point system.
HRMPF

I'm slow, and can get points quite easily. From what I've seen in LFSBC, you're not that slow either. Just keep out of trouble and you'll get points.
inacceptable is it i think.
and i kept out of trouble, but i cant race that mini fast, oh no forgot, it was a golf.
#20 - VoiD
Solution:

Drice clean, avoid yellows, stay on track and finish better than 8th place...

Oh, and don´t try hotlapping, just drive as fast as you can without loosing your car in any situation!
Quote from Stefani24 :i drove like 5 Super races, finsihed between p10 and p15 and i NEVER got points, ill NEVER get on silver

Well then you don't deserve to get silver. Just because you race there alot doesn't mean that you should get silver. you need to be quick and clean, and if you give up now, you will never make it anyhow
#22 - SamH
Quote from Stefani24 :oh yes, coz of that i think it'll take a long time till i visit ctra again

I think you should keep clear of the CTRA system completely for the foreseeable future. If the CTRA system isn't for you, then it isn't for you. I definitely wouldn't want anyone to feel they HAD to race on the CTRA, especially someone like yourself, who didn't understand or couldn't agree with what the CTRA is working to achieve.

You have my total support. Race elsewhere instead!
Hmmmm.... why should they open up Race 2 and Race 3. Isnt completly fair for those who have spend a lot of time on CTRA1 to gaina silver license. You earn your license through winning races and yes the XFG or XRG can be boring cars. But if you end up constantly at place 14 or 15 well your not suited to drive at the higher licensed servers.

And yup there empty, but did i had a shock when moving from the race 1 server. The racers there have a totally different view of a clean race and always have fun and joy in mind. I have sometimes driven more then 7 hours on those servers without any hazzle or such. Why bcus these guys all put in the effort to get a silver license. Effort and being consistantly is the key. Regardles the car.

And by making that effort you will damn f.cking proud of whatever license you have achieved. (btw if SamH opened them up for the public he propably would hunted for the rest of his live :razz
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Stefani24 :the system of ctra is inaczeptable, i drove like 5 Super races, finsihed between p10 and p15 and i NEVER got points, ill NEVER get on silver, with this point system.
HRMPF
oh yes, coz of that i think it'll take a long time till i visit ctra again

Why do you want to go on the other servers if you get between P10 and P15? If you think your "silver material" then you should be getting P8 upwards. If you aren't good enough for that then... don't be offended.
#25 - SamH
Quote from niels1 :if SamH opened them up for the public he propably would hunted for the rest of his live :razz

LOL! Probably!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG