The online racing simulator
Pulling Into Garage
(10 posts, started )
Pulling Into Garage
I think there should be an option where if you pull into the garage forwards, it spectates you, and if you back in, it puts you in the pits. It would add a nice little touch of realism, and could be turned off and on if someone doesn't want it.
What if you go sideways, like true d4r1f70rZ? You get a bonus?

-1, because we already have shift+s and shift+p. And this can be done using insim.
-1 because how am I going to zig-zag drift my way through the garages in Blackwood?!?
How about this? If you STOP in the garage as opposed to pit lane, it takes you to the Car Setup screen. Extra realism touch, and easily doable. After all, I don't think I'm the only one that goes into the garage and then Shift-P's to the Setup screen.
#5 - Woz
Quote from Impreza WRX :How about this? If you STOP in the garage as opposed to pit lane, it takes you to the Car Setup screen. Extra realism touch, and easily doable. After all, I don't think I'm the only one that goes into the garage and then Shift-P's to the Setup screen.

Yep, thats better
Yeah. That works!
If you'll have to stop and stay stationary for couple of seconds and it doesn't matter if you reverse or not (It still shift+S), then maybe I could give a +1.

And of course, it is a feature in options so everyone who wants to manually shift+S can turn it off.
Quote from Falcon140 :I think there should be an option where if you pull into the garage forwards, it spectates you, and if you back in, it puts you in the pits. It would add a nice little touch of realism, and could be turned off and on if someone doesn't want it.

having seen how much trouble some people have not hitting things in the pitlane going forward i hate to think what would happen if they had to reverse into the garage to alter setup.. would be fun though especially if you could disable the reverse view so they had to use their mirrors
Quote from tinvek :...if you could disable the reverse view so they had to use their mirrors

"There is a reverse-view"?
Never needed it. Mirrors do the same thing, and you can also see forward at the same time.
+1 for disabling reverse-view (No one can turn their head 180 degrees)
+1 for allowing more than 90 degree head turn (Everyone can turn their head over 90 degrees). Would make TrackIR/FreeTrack more enjoyable as you can also check what happens back of you.

Err... This went so off-topic.
#10 - DeMS
+1 to the idea of entering setup screen once you've parked into your garage, as long as parking means to stop engine and put handbrake on, and as long as you can disable it.

Pulling Into Garage
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG