The online racing simulator
Cup list?
(9 posts, started )
Cup list?
I think there should be some kind of "beginners guide to cups" or something. Like what competitions are the most beginner-friendly. What's already available, what will be. I read some of the threads about cups but:
a) there are just too many of them and they all look similar
b) even after reading some about each, sometimes I think "ok, so it's season 3... OF WHAT?"
So a list with short annotations would be nice. And if such info is already available, make it more available coz I haven't been able to find it.

P.S. Oh yeah and I did try the LFS Beginners Cup, far too amateurish and wild for my tastes.
You may well find the Race Calendar useful - the reason is simple: so that you can grok what is available during your free time and then look at each individual set of events or leagues. Having a list of every single event would be just as unwieldy.

If someone wants to create a list of all the cups(hehehe, you said cups ), then I'm not going to stop them, but I just don't see what it gives you over the calendar and the Leagues and Events subforum and I believe that maintaining it would be a pain in the arse.

Of course, you could mandate that anyone who runs a reoccuring event writes a little bit about it on a special page on the manual. Getting everyone to adhere to that would be "interesting", however.
Kipsus, did you mean additional information about races, like torsdagracet has or what did you mean?
Well here you go - there should be a sticky with a link to the calendar (or did I miss it?)

And no I didn't mean every single competition available, just maybe a couple of short annotations with arguments why they're suitable for beginners (eg no 6 hours races, no very difficult to drive cars, easy tracks etc) that would get updated once a month or so.
Quote from kipsus :Well here you go - there should be a sticky with a link to the calendar (or did I miss it?)

It's on the menu bar across the top Easily missed sometimes tbh
The most beginner friendly league is definately the OLFSL.

Drivers are put into pools according to their speed so you race against people of the same speed as you. There's also a new season starting very soon.
Here's my time to plug the LFS Beginner's Cup - See the link to the New Dimension Racing Website in my sig
#8 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Here's my time to plug the LFS Beginner's Cup - See the link to the New Dimension Racing Website in my sig

Here's my time to hit you over the head.
  1. Look at OP's name
  2. Look at last line of OP
Quote from J@tko :Here's my time to hit you over the head.
  1. Look at OP's name
  2. Look at last line of OP

Well its not like I'm the only one who is making rather silly posts today

May I point out that the LFSBC is for complete beginners, some of which may have only just bought S2, or may not know the cars or tracks particularly well

Cup list?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG