The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Stance On Posting Classifieds Here?
I am currently getting more and more into eBay, and I feel that some of the stuff i'm selling (like old PC hardware) might benefit someone as they get to "grab a bargain" - but where do we draw the line? Selling my old MOMO on eBay may be worth a link, but what about a motherboard? Surely if you wanted a motherboard you'd look for it yourself? Or can we post what we want (like my LED Pig Torches :P).

Just want some clarification.

EDIT - D'oh - Why did i post in "Other Hardware"?!
I couldn't agree less. I want to do the same thing too. I don't make enough profits on the stuff I sell on e-bay, people with too much bargain phobia and those zero feedback idots . Like a semi-old Dell 1.8ghz xeon with 4 gb ecc ddr ram and 500gb hdd server I bought for more than 4,000 and sold for less that 1,500 that is just too much depreciation on something not that old. I hope the mods and admins see this topic I am eager to get an answer.
#3 - Jakg
Bump?

I've got ~45 DVD's & PC Games that i'm about to lump on eBay in addition to some PC stuff - would it be "ok" to make a thread linking to the "my listings" page? Some of the games are things like GTR, Sega GT etc, which makes them related to the market of this forum.

Opinions here?
#4 - ajp71
Personally I think advertising rare sim racing related hardware should be encouraged. I doubt the person who I bought my Frex would even have sold it on ebay and I certainly wouldn't have seen it.

As for the other items, if you've got a lot why not one thread listing what your selling/planning to sell and a link to your shop?
#5 - Jakg
I dont have a shop - i was suggesting just giving a link to this page once i'd put them on.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from Jakg :I dont have a shop - i was suggesting just giving a link to this page once i'd put them on.

That's what I meant. I may be strange but personally I'd rather buy from someone who comes across as a straight forward individual rather than trying to look professional. I may not be typical but I've always felt those more professional style ads are more likely to be people who aren't entirely straight and all the crappy service I've had of ebay have come from those kind of people.

OT - are those speakers any good, I happen to be looking for a cheap, but decent, pair of speakers for a computer that has a 5.1 card (no need for 5.1 though)?
#7 - Jakg
No idea. They are my Dad's and "Sumvision" is eBuyer's "value" generic brand. They are probably the cheapest way to 5.1, but one of the worst.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG