The online racing simulator
Note to others: Never click the "-" next to your name to remove yourself from the grid. If you accidentally misclick you will be automatically be banned for 30 days. Atleast I now have an excuse to take a break from LFS to try iRacing!
@ Technique, then appael. Look at it SanH post !!

Quote :We're very serious about stopping people removing others from the grid, and the mandatory ban is an indication of that. Once we're satisfied that someone understands that they can't do it in their appeal, we always convert the ban to a warning. We insist on ensuring that the message gets through.

@ SoA fth : Not at all. Nothing wrong with people being banned if they screw up the fun for others. The only way to do it.
Quote from SamH :We have had our first instance of a driver being *CAUGHT* removing other drivers from the grid on a CTRA server end screen, and we have issued our first mid-term ban for that offence accordingly.

hmm I did that on 9th of april, i received a MID TERM BAN but I'm still unable to join CTRA servers; wasn'it 30 days off?

How can I will be able to race again on CTRA?

P.S. Not always removing drivers from grid is a malicios behaviour, I know I did it, I apologize, but I thought it would be useful to speed up race start. My mistake.
#55 - SamH
Quote from lysergic :hmm I did that on 9th of april, i received a MID TERM BAN but I'm still unable to join CTRA servers; wasn'it 30 days off?

How can I will be able to race again on CTRA?

P.S. Not always removing drivers from grid is a malicios behaviour, I know I did it, I apologize, but I thought it would be useful to speed up race start. My mistake.

It's now June.. roughly 60 days since you got a midterm ban, so I guess it expired

We don't want to ban people from the servers for any period of time. We want them to act in a fair and responsible way to other drivers, and never attract the attention of the CTRA admins/system. However, it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes people need a firm reminder, and we make no apology for giving them that reminder. It's not acceptable to drop people out of a race because you decide you want to start the race just when YOU decide. There are other people to consider.

As has been said, once we're satisfied that the person understands the expectations and appeals their ban, we unban them. On the rare occasion that they do the same thing again, we don't unban them again when they appeal.
Sorry: I'm still unable to join ctra servers: connection refused
REPORT ID 11876
Quote from lysergic :Sorry: I'm still unable to join ctra servers: connection refused
REPORT ID 11876

Don't worry, you're not alone Report said my ban was reduced to a warning but I receive the same message as lysergic when connecting.
#58 - SamH
Quote from lysergic :Sorry: I'm still unable to join ctra servers: connection refused
REPORT ID 11876

Apparently you didn't collect your ban until 8th June. Bans run from the date they're collected. That was the first time you joined a CTRA server since being given a ban. You can file an appeal by sending a PM to do0f.
Quote from Technique :Don't worry, you're not alone Report said my ban was reduced to a warning but I receive the same message as lysergic when connecting.

Your appeal wasn't processed correctly. The report was converted but the admin didn't complete the report for some reason. I've closed it out properly now and you'll be automatically unbanned in a few minutes.
Thanks Sam!

Wonder how that happened... sorted now anyways =)
30 day ban for removing one driver from the grid who was holding up the entire server by not pressing ready. I have appealed it, since I think its totally crazy to ban someone for 30 days for something so minor. Especially considering its a first offense, and I've not had a single bad note against my username.

My personal standing on this issue is that drivers should not join the grid until they are ready to race. If you click join, then go off on websites looking for setups, going to get a drink, whatever, then you are a selfish individual, and probably likely to cause more incidents on track than those people who were considerate enough to prepare themselfs to race before joining so that they didn't keep an entire server of people waiting on them.
#62 - SamH
My personal standing on the issue is that the rule is plain and it's simple. It's also reiterated within the X-System more than any other CTRA rule: when you join the server, you immediately get the message "WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE OTHER DRIVERS FROM THE START GRID.". At the race-end screen, the X-System says..
Quote from X-System :
CTRA : Reminder: DO NOT remove other racers from the grid;
CTRA : YOU MUST give other drivers time to select a setup.

We consider that 1 minute and 2 seconds, which is the time elapsed between
Quote :CTRA : Shuffling Layout : 15:37:59

and
Quote :ATC| Quicksilver removed DONS from the start grid
CTRA : Timestamp: 17 Jun 2008 : 15:39:01

is not excessive time holding up the grid. In fact, on a normally sized grid the average time between shuffling the layout, everyone joining the grid and the race happily getting underway on CTRA servers is around 48 seconds.

More than just being against our rules, though, it's just plain rude to remove someone from the grid because you're being held up to the tune of an extra 15 seconds. You should at least ASK them to ready up a couple of times (which you didn't do), and then give them a good few seconds to do so.

Your ban will, of course, be converted to a warning. It's a first offence, but it's also the most obvious rule breech going. If you can't find it in yourself to accept and abide by that rule, the issue is yours and not the X-System's automatic 30 day ban in response.

Yeah, I sound mean and harsh, but FFS.. 15 seconds. Dustin and I can get laid 2x in that time!
Quote from SamH :

Yeah, I sound mean and harsh, but FFS.. 15 seconds. Dustin and I can get laid 2x in that time!

SamH and Dustin... who'd have guessed?!?
#64 - SamH
Quote from Mp3 Astra :SamH and Dustin... who'd have guessed?!?

Grr! I *knew* someone would do that!
This is mine and Dustin's UFBabyR skin roof
Lol =)
Quote from SamH :Grr! I *knew* someone would do that!

This is the Internet, sleeze, smut, and sex come with every post.
Hehe, "come".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why do you think you wrote that in... white?

That was the most witty thing I think I've ever read in the CTRA forum!

Anyways, back on topic..............

Removing from grid is, umm, bad.
Its very naughty and I shall never do it again, in my defense though, 15 seconds is a long time if you have just been racing with margins in the 100th of a second, and a few people did ask the guy to ready up. I just need to be more patient really, well in the lobby anyway, not on the track.

Astra I think I have an idea for a new game, *ahem* for cash, I bet $20 SamH comes second.
#70 - SamH
Dirty-minded buggers

I do agree that 15 seconds can seem like an age when you've been hounding around the track for the last few races. These days I'm getting on a bit, so the race end screen is a chance to sit back for a few moments, mop my brow etc while everyone picks their set and readies up.

The change in track can be quite radical - eg from AS2 to SO3 - and it's only sensible, for the sake of healthy racing, to give people a few moments to find the best set. If you don't, then chances are the first race will be largely toast anyway.
I still think you should get a set first and then join the grid, its like those guys who go to get a drink and don't spectate, then the race restarts and they cause an accident. I like toast though, so I am biased in that respect.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG