The online racing simulator
How to get rid of the Vista Boot Manager?
I done a triple boot with Windows Xp (main OS I use), Windows Media Center and Windows Vista. When I got board with vista I formatted the partition it was on and gave the rest of the room to my Windows Media Center partition.

The only problem I have now is that I still have the new vista boot manager. It annoys me because before I used to turn on the PC and would load the default Windows XP OS. But now It goes to the Vista boot manager which it defaultly loads Vista which is not there no more. So I have to select Windows XP to then get to the Windows XP Boot manager which loads Win XP.

All in all I just want to get rid of the vista boot manager somehow so everything goes back to normal.

If anyone can help with my problem, it would be much appricated
Do a "repair" of XP is the easiest option. Just select that (R)epair-option during the XP-install. That's what i did when i decided to get rid of Vista.
Hmmm... I'd have to read up to be sure, but an fdisk /mbr should work... (it repairs the master boot record with the one XP knows.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Do a "repair" of XP is the easiest option. Just select that (R)epair-option during the XP-install. That's what i did when i decided to get rid of Vista.

But would that delete anything on my XP partition? Or will it just get rid of the vista boot manager?
It would just re'install what the XP Setup sees as "wrong" with your current XP. Nothings get erased/changed. Only thing is you have to re-install everything from Windows Update again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG