The online racing simulator
Racing Line
(33 posts, started )
Quote from Ian.H :I'm actually a very clean racer, IMO.. no one's ever complained when I've raced them anyway. Never been a pro, but when I worked as a kart mechanic back in my teens, I learnt all about race etiquette.. but by you blasting a 'blue flag' message, which I'd personally already be aware of your presence, I'd assume you'd be thinking I'm an idiot on the track, thus, you will pay the price for your wrong assumption. Give me a chance to assess my surroundings (which would be way before you were close enough to pass anyway) and there'd be no problem at all, and I'd give you all the room you needed.

It's called respect for fellow racers

Regards,

Ian

I get that point, don't get me wrong please. I don't "spam" it every time I want to pass a slower driver, I mainly do it when i already had one or more bad experiences with the slower driver.

I basicly drive the same, except for the fact that I send this message around once in a while.

Quote from The Moose :You do realise that spamming messages is more likely to cause accidents than prevent them don't you?

Anything that takes a drivers concentration away from the road is asking for trouble, and annoying messages popping up is one of the most distracting things possible.

This isn't about whether we are nice or not, it's about if we're right or not....and we are.

It is an official CTRA ruling that spamming 'Blue Flag' instantly invalidates your right to a clean pass.

You are right, in your example - the CTRA servers, and some others - that is; not everyone has 100% identical rules. I admit, a message distracts a driver, one of the reasons I request the pass on a straight before the corner where I can pass them without problems, you won't see me spam it like a tard before a corner or chicane where it is not possible to take over on a normal way.

Edit: for the rest, I still love you guys tho <3
Remember kids; you can always use the 'block messages' button between races
I have a question:

I raced on Conedodgers today and CD admin/member used blueflag binds on hotlapping demanding drivers to get off the racing line, which made me go I read CD server rules and they state:

"..That means, that they should NOT have to slow down because you are in front of them. So... hit your number 4 key and that will show you the racing line. When you are under Blue Flag, get OFF that line, and slow down.."

But on CD forums the rules state:
"One or more competitors are about to lap you. You must hold your course and allow them to pass UNIMPEDED. You must make sure you change speed and leave room to be passed."

So which is it? Im kinda suprised of your 'get off the racing line' rule
I think both statements are about the same, you should leave the racing line, but in a smooth manner, so that you don't lose control while letting them pass.

But that rule is still not good, normally yu shuold keep the racing line while under blue flag, but Conedodgers is a bit special about this e.g. all the "BLUE FLAG, LET ME PASS NOOB!!!!!!!^111" spammers
#30 - AMB
All of the above comments are correct, I am currently racing in the DSR GTReMix series, which consists of two classes, GTR, and Mini GTR (mGTR) and obviously the GTR will be lapping the mGTR's and they are told to stay on the racing line so that the lapping car has to make it's own way past by going off line, this is way easier than a car swerving off the racing line to let a car past which can cause all sorts of trouble, if you have been banned for what you say you have then just change to a different server, e.g Redline Racing, DSR, Servers well known etc, not servers that are being hosted by stuck up children

Just enjoy LFS

Messy
Luckily, I've not had that many blue flag spammers behind me.

When I do though, they just get my "STFU, I know what the blue flag means. Pass me when safe" bind back at them.

Only once mind. No spamming from me
Quote from pine-fin :I have a question:

I raced on Conedodgers today and CD admin/member used blueflag binds on hotlapping demanding drivers to get off the racing line, which made me go I read CD server rules and they state:

"..That means, that they should NOT have to slow down because you are in front of them. So... hit your number 4 key and that will show you the racing line. When you are under Blue Flag, get OFF that line, and slow down.."

But on CD forums the rules state:
"One or more competitors are about to lap you. You must hold your course and allow them to pass UNIMPEDED. You must make sure you change speed and leave room to be passed."

So which is it? Im kinda suprised of your 'get off the racing line' rule

The first quote is from our FAQ's and is in the answer to the question:

I am new to LFS and want to know more about what I should or shouldn't do while on track.

These are not servers rules, but it gives pointers to what may help someone who is new

The second quote is our server rules with the word UNIMPEDED being the important one.

One of the main problems with the Blue Flag and why you get Blue Flag bind messages is that of mid-race joiners. CD1 gets its fair share of new drivers who come on the server, join on lap 5 or higher, go off at T1 only to join again, and again, they then ask for a set a few times, maybe then vote to end the race, restart or qualify, change cars a couple of times, take out a leading car, then disconnect. (Well maybe not all at once )

These drivers will and do often get in the way and have no real idea where the racing line is so the blue flag rule where you stay on the racing line just does not work on a free for all server like CD1

Also this problem of "Hot lapping" in a race is rather silly as we have many drivers that can do 1:41 laps all day long, and these are mixed in with drivers who suffer to do a lap in 2:30 so using a bind to warn them is better than the new driver getting a ban for taking out the leader.

I also think that several of the CD Drivers do lap times that you may consider as a Hot Lap time but its important to note that all the current fastest times on CD1 were done during a race so what you are saying is just not true, after all a 10 lap race on AS3 in a GTR is basically 10 hot laps done one after another if you want to win.

I hope that explains
ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Racing Line
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG