The online racing simulator
joystick for handbrake
(6 posts, started )
joystick for handbrake
no tsure if this is the right area but any ideas on this. Id like to make a handbrake as i have a g25 and the buttons are useless. I tried using the gearstick on sequential as handbrake and that is nice so i think making something like in the picture would be good.

What i want to know is would an analouge joystick be better than just a button on and off or would it make no difference? Also anyone know of a much better way of doing this?

the lever is pulled up, pushes down on some kind of ball for pressure like tennis ball, also pushes joystick forwards to trigger brake.

Regards,

Rowan
Attached images
handbrake.PNG
#2 - 128MB
rofl nice drawing.
I want to make a analog handbrake as well.

I got a shifterstand made out of alu profiles, its screwed on onto my desk and i have 2 M8 holes for the shifter but i need a joystick first to make it.

i'v added pic of my crappy shifter design.
But iv lost the pics of my shifter stand.
Attached images
handb.jpg
Could you just use an actual joystick for the brake? Like a computer joystick. Just mount it in a housing and make a plate so it only moves front to back.
#4 - 128MB
sure but that looks crap
Nice idea, but it doesnt have to be something expencive like a G25 shifter, I think that a regular joy stick would do the trick, if you allign everything just right. I think im gonna make one, i just need an old joystick, few peaces of metal/wood, skrews, a tennis ball, and an old hand brake from a junked car. In my opinion its a simple plan!
I have 2 MS Side Winder, to use 4 pedals and use clutch and HB in the pedals, and i have to say, i think that there's not much difference... because if you wan't to really get you tail out, the HB works only at the maximum pressure of the axle ( when my foot is deep on the floor ) wich is pretty much like pressing a button that applies 100% HB... that using my brake setup... but you can just increase madly your brake pressure in the set, and when pedal braking you have to be careful not to lock everithing up, but your HB will work just fine with a Joystick.

dunno if i'm clear enough... but my english is a bit rubbish.

joystick for handbrake
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG