The online racing simulator
Round 5 Pre-Discussion
Round 5 of the Inagural Live for Speed Beginner's Cup takes us to Kyoto National for 10 laps in the FOX.

Race is Sunday, 2 March at 1900.

Commit to it here !

d
Should be a good race, lots of tight high speed corners! LFSBC style baby!!
#3 - J@tko
I thought I sucked in single-seaters. Just done my first lap on the combo, and it was great. 1.44.8

Could have gone faster second lap, but I span

Amazingly, looking forward to it.
Cant wait its gonna be a whole different ball-game.

#5 - J@tko
I dont usually drive single seaters much so this'll be a challenge
Like the FOX but i dont like the track at all :/
Well first 3 laps on track were 1.45.00 but i can get probly 1.40-1.42
#8 - TG44
I like foxes. and i like kyoto national.

but combined i don't like either one. i like foxes in Blackwood and South city while i like kyoto national as reversed with an XRT
Well Ky2 is stupid becase of it's oval part... There's no need for an Indianapolis-wannabe-copy. It's either an oval, or a real track. It can't be both.
Quote from hyntty :Well Ky2 is stupid becase of it's oval part... There's no need for an Indianapolis-wannabe-copy. It's either an oval, or a real track. It can't be both.

Well It can be, really, AFAIK Rockingham () is a so called Indianapolis-wannabe-copy

Although I must admit I don't like the half oval, half track idea too much.
oval part could be your only chance top win cus if your right behind someone in oval part you get a high speed draft and boom photo finish )
Also, I may bump the FPs to Friday, as I might be going out of town for the say on Saturday.

They would be at the 1900 GMT or after times.

Are there any issues with this ?

d
SC and RC, please use 4x4 cars, because there is a lot of sand, and while rescuing, you have to be very smooth and gentle, coz formulas are sooooo damage-freindly....
Do somebody use the team inferno setu field setup?Idk i get 1.43 hardly mostly 1.45....And i use blackwood setup atm :/
And how much speed to u get at the long straight?I get 222 km/h max and its quite...bad o.o
by all means, im gonna suck in this round... me + single seater = granny on bike
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I'm looking forward to the next two rounds. I prefer singleseaters.
I've drove the combo before...13 laps - 42:66 so far

Do you use the teaminferno setup field setup? If yes then wich one?
Quote from dekojester :Also, I may bump the FPs to Friday, as I might be going out of town for the say on Saturday.

They would be at the 1900 GMT or after times.

Are there any issues with this ?

d

I'll admin the Saturday afternoon slot if you want.
Quote from juurme :Do you use the teaminferno setup field setup? If yes then wich one?

If I recall correctly there are three setups for ky2, so you could test them all. Thou I've got one (think it's the latest one) and I can't recommend it. It's too understeering.
Yes, it would be good if it could be held on Saturday as normal...
Taylor's just done a 1.41.6. We're all dead again.

EDIT: And so has Hyntty.
?? WR is 1:39 lol...again I return to the "Not beginners" theory
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :And just what defines 'a beginner'?
I got S2 late last year, November sometime. When the applications were open that's one of the criteria people were being accepted by, the time that they've had S2...
On the other hand, there are players who've been licensed for a long time but would only drift or cruise, and are now looking towards league racing...so they may have good knowledge of the cars & tracks.
Also I take full advantage of the Free Practices, some don't. Some just turn up for qualy with very little practice under their belt or none atall! And it's usually quite clear who has & who hasn't. For R3 I done over 200 laps in the FPs & I won. R4 I done over 100 laps & came 2nd.
Is it our fault we're fast learners? Or that we practice for the race?

Exactly. Some people are naturally fast round some combos. For example, on the UF-BR/FE GR/CTRA layout, I'm 0.3 secs of the WR.

That's about the only combo I'm really fast at. I'm pretty quick at XFG/BL1, but that's after around 6 months of practice.
I know that you can be exceptionally fast on certain combos, but I did think that even the fastest person would be at least 5 secs of WR in most combos...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I know that you can be exceptionally fast on certain combos, but I did think that even the fastest person would be at least 5 secs of WR in most combos...

I predicted that most people would be running at around 105% of WR pace. For this track, 105% is 1.44.77
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :And just what defines 'a beginner'?
I got S2 late last year, November sometime. When the applications were open that's one of the criteria people were being accepted by, the time that they've had S2...
On the other hand, there are players who've been licensed for a long time but would only drift or cruise, and are now looking towards league racing...so they may have good knowledge of the cars & tracks.
Also I take full advantage of the Free Practices, some don't. Some just turn up for qualy with very little practice under their belt or none atall! And it's usually quite clear who has & who hasn't. For R3 I done over 200 laps in the FPs & I won. R4 I done over 100 laps & came 2nd.
Is it our fault we're fast learners? Or that we practice for the race?

Hmm... I did about 250 laps of practice and I still did bad lol

Maybe I'm just naturally slow

My claim to fame: 1 second off the UF-BR/FE club WR

Yes I know thats crap

Quote from J@tko :I predicted that most people would be running at around 105% of WR pace. For this track, 105% is 1.44.77

You're clever

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG