The online racing simulator
Round 4 Post-Discussion
Sorry for the flub at the end.

I will manually fix that lot.

Discuss the round here !

d
i got 8th W00T!! yay
That was one insane race. I could've had a podium.
Quite good race expect the crash between me and mistea...Well i did bretty neat climbing....from 18th to 5th.
What an insane race! No Safety car either!

14th YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Bad race for me for some reason I was really slow in the straights from lap 3 and on O_O

Its not the gears because I got a 1:20 with them, its not the tires because we would exit the turn at same speed and i'd still get passed at the straight and its not the car cuz it was RB4!

Bad race for me.

And finally the super crash between juuretis n me..
#7 - J@tko
Um, was alright for me. Finished 9th

Hit wall 3 times

Go overtaken illegally by TG44
Deascent race!! At the end, "[OPC] ROB! has won the race" and I was like and then Deko said "Whoops, my mistake" and I was like ...

All in all though, I thought it was a very enjoyable race. And gratz to Juuretis for passing me correctly, I was bloody shitting myself when I saw him fly up behind me
Why do I always end up missing the good races???

Where is the replay? I need to put this race in my video
damnit, I forgot to save the replay ...I saved it for all the others though lol
#11 - TG44
Quote from J@tko :Um, was alright for me. Finished 9th

Hit wall 3 times

Go overtaken illegally by TG44

You finished in my spot! :guilty: You'd never have catched me if i had been more carefull about my clutch... last lap. from 9th to 12th.. well at least i finished. and not last either
Quote from dougie-lampkin :damnit, I forgot to save the replay ...I saved it for all the others though lol

Offtopic: Can you ask whatshisface when he will let me back into Crappy Club Cruise
You got banned? ROFL! He just went offline...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :You got banned? ROFL! He just went offline...

Well I got banned cos I was angry (and I rammed him ) that he didn't refund me because his lag made me crash and I got busted

Anyway, back on topic
By the way, could the race control write a message saying: "There's a rescue car in the middle of the track". I didn't notice the scene there cause there were no yellows.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Oh & to DekoJester - please can you not do the 'If this race ends now, XXX will top the championship', 'XXX & XXX will be behind him' and 'XXX is in the lead', 'XXX is in Turn X'.
I say this because soon after you done one of those messages I made a mistake because I had to read it! They're not really needed & are far too distracting, for me anyway...

Yes, +1. When I'm in the middle of an intense door to door battle, I really couldn't care less who's tying for 2nd in the championship standings...5 spot grid penalty for Deko
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Are you talking about that final turn HynTTy? If so, it wasn't in the middle, it was off the track, you went wide.

It was on the track anyway... It was middle-ish.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Also Juuretis climbed up from 18th to finish in 5th(?)! Brilliant

+20 Overtook me (9th place at the time) at start of lap 2

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Oh & to DekoJester - please can you not do the 'If this race ends now, XXX will top the championship', 'XXX & XXX will be behind him' and 'XXX is in the lead', 'XXX is in Turn X'.
I say this because soon after you done one of those messages I made a mistake because I had to read it! They're not really needed & are far too distracting, for me anyway...

+1

Nice idea, but too distracting.
Quote from hyntty :It was on the track anyway... It was middle-ish.

It was on the side but he did give a warning he said watch out on the last turn please move back to the middle as fast as possible.

@Taylor : Sorry my fellow alien. Anoter dissapointing race for me
I just realised that our 5th gear was pointless O_O! Stupid me why didnt i think of that...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Deascent race!! At the end, "[OPC] ROB! has won the race" and I was like and then Deko said "Whoops, my mistake" and I was like ...

Did you not see "kABLiuks LTU won the race" and 6 others first ? Sorry for the false hopes, thought !

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Oh & to DekoJester - please can you not do the 'If this race ends now, XXX will top the championship', 'XXX & XXX will be behind him' and 'XXX is in the lead', 'XXX is in Turn X'.

Sorry ! I'll stop that in future.

Quote from hyntty :By the way, could the race control write a message saying: "There's a rescue car in the middle of the track". I didn't notice the scene there cause there were no yellows.

I did say "Be careful, cars on the outside of the final turn" Plus, you went wide and went on the outside of the rescue car which was outside of the curbing to begin with.
Good race guys.

A note for future races. If you destroy you clutch and do not think you will make it back to the pits, don't park on the driving line. You should move your car to an area where people are least likely to spin out and hit you.

Also, it's not just the messages about the championship, I think there's just way too much chatting by race control and the rescue cars in general. Just watch the replay at 16x and you'll know what I mean. Laps 3-5 the chat area was flooded with unimportant messages. Perhaps race control and rescue cars should use teamspeak or something to communicate with each other. Also, if people are driving dangerously they should be black flagged instead of saying "no bumping!"

There was around ~42 messages (most by the admis!) in the first 5 laps. Compare this to the IGTC race replay I have, in the first 19 laps there were only 2 "good luck" messages before the race, and 3 messages to a driver who was asked to pit because his tires were shot.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah I enjoyed that one too. Just watched the replay...Good to have a race without seeing the SC

Congratulations to Kabliuks...I couldn't hold him back for long! Made some decent passes & established massive lead too. Well done!

thank you i just dont yet understand how i was that fast, but i guess setup, made very good by me(by accident ofcourse:shrug thank you all for a good race, and no SC
Quote from Technique :A note for future races. If you destroy you clutch and do not think you will make it back to the pits, don't park on the driving line. You should move your car to an area where people are least likely to spin out and hit you.

This is a comment I was intending to make, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Also, if one of the rescue cars comes around, let them push you to a safe area, cooperate with them. If you are on the pit straight, I will let them push you into pitlane. Otherwise, they are to push you into a safe area of the course.

Quote from Technique :Also, it's not just the messages about the championship, I think there's just way too much chatting by race control and the rescue cars in general. Just watch the replay at 16x and you'll know what I mean. Laps 3-5 the chat area was flooded with unimportant messages. Perhaps race control and rescue cars should use teamspeak or something to communicate with each other. Also, if people are driving dangerously they should be black flagged instead of saying "no bumping!"

Most of those messages were me trying to get JTaylor to, to be honest, STFU about his incident. That chat should be saved for post-race, and in this thread.

Indeed, I will try to ensure that chat in future by the marshals is simple and only necessary. Such things as "go to this place" and "return to your crib, please" are the essentials.

Incidentally, a Rescue car should never go into a gravel trap or other hazardous spot.

d
yes, please chat less, its veeery distracting!
coz if you have said during the race smth to me, i would not have reaad, coz i just ignored messages due to their flood
I think we should be allowed to block messages, and any important messages can be sent by /msg or RCM...

Also, any idea when the video is going to be produced?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG