The online racing simulator
Gears with y patch and G25
(11 posts, started )
Hi,

Previously it was set so that the open racing cars used the paddles and all the other cars used the h-shift gears.

Now with the y-patch the gtr cars also use the paddles. I do not like this.

So i am wondering is it possible to set it so that the racing cars use the paddles, the gtr cars use the sequential shift and the other cars use the h-shift.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Rowan
#2 - Woz
Quote from timkiller :Hi,

Previously it was set so that the open racing cars used the paddles and all the other cars used the h-shift gears.

Now with the y-patch the gtr cars also use the paddles. I do not like this.

So i am wondering is it possible to set it so that the racing cars use the paddles, the gtr cars use the sequential shift and the other cars use the h-shift.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Rowan

The FZR is still H pattern the others have sequental gearboxes so need paddles. This was done to balance the cars.
H-pattern: UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, FZ5, FZR, UFR, XFR, RAC

Sequential: FBM, FOX, FO8, MRT, XRR, FXR

Paddle: BF1

Road cars and FZR can use h-pattern, sequential, AND paddle.
GTR and open-wheelers can use Sequential AND paddle.
BF1 can ONLY use paddle.

To change these settings, go into LFS and make sure w/e type of shifting you are using is selected. Then make sure the buttons are correctly assigned to shift-up or down.
you can't do sequential on the BF1? only paddle shifters?
I know, I accidently put Formula rather than BF1...
I thought paddle was a form of sequential?

at least in lfs . . .
Quote from MijnWraak :I thought paddle was a form of sequential?

It is. The statement earlier in this thread was wrong. "Paddle" is not a type of gear shift, they just make it easier to manipulate a (usually) sequential transmission.
Hi, thanks for the responses. Am i right in thinking that i can use the h-shift for one car and the sequential for another without re-assigning the gear up and down each time i change car as the up and down is in sequential is the same thing as first and second in the h-shift.

Rowan
#9 - Woz
Quote from timkiller :Hi, thanks for the responses. Am i right in thinking that i can use the h-shift for one car and the sequential for another without re-assigning the gear up and down each time i change car as the up and down is in sequential is the same thing as first and second in the h-shift.

Rowan

Yep. Just configure everything up and it will use the config that relates to the cars gearbox.
I know that paddle is the same as sequential, but for me the BF1 cant use the shifter. I have to use the paddles otherwise I can't shift.
Quote from Woz :Yep. Just configure everything up and it will use the config that relates to the cars gearbox.

Thanks, dont know how i didnt realize this.

Rowan

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG