The online racing simulator
Need Aprovation To edit Skin FXR
(24 posts, started )
Well i have this skin and i want edit a little

I need aprovation of the maker to start the work , i have made some work in the skin like this

Only remove the Advs here and there and change colors to negative , have the same color of the flag argentina so...

if i have the aprovation of course , i finish the work and upload to LFSW

Regards inouva
Attached images
fxr_noiretjaunenh5.jpg
fxr_Arg_Inouva.jpg
#2 - Rish
At first when i read your post i just wanted to scream at you and pull out my hair because imo if you don't have permission you shouldn't even start to edit a skin BUT i dont see anywhere on the skin that says "skin made by" or "no editing" so i suppose your free to do what you want!
Quote from Rish :At first when i read your post i just wanted to scream at you and pull out my hair because imo if you don't have permission you shouldn't even start to edit a skin BUT i dont see anywhere on the skin that says "skin made by" or "no editing" so i suppose your free to do what you want!

The sample is in psd format , so the creator can see what i wanna do , to get the aproval , in case if he or she dont wanna do nothing , just i delete the psd format , and leave intact the original skin
#4 - Rish
Did you even read the whole post?
Quote from Rish :i dont see anywhere on the skin that says "skin made by" or "no editing" so i suppose your free to do what you want!

Quote from Rish :Did you even read the whole post?

Yup , so if not have a copy right , can edit free or i mistake?
#6 - Rish
Well thats the way i've always understood it.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. If you didn't want your skin to be edited the you would surely put No editing on the skin.
Kind of yeah. I usually state in the post wether or not I mind it being edited for my skins. Only a handful got it on the skinfile itself as I usually forget.

I'd say if you don't get a name to that skin within a few days then edit it, just remember to say when you release it that you didn't make the base.
You can edit it, cause there's no sign of the author on it. "Private skin, do not edit without permission" and such
#9 - Rish
Quote from beefyman666 :
I'd say if you don't get a name to that skin within a few days then edit it, just remember to say when you release it that you didn't make the base.

+1
Thx , ok so w8 now XD
to be safe, i would use it privately and not release it.
Quote from Rish :i dont see anywhere on the skin that says "skin made by" or "no editing" so i suppose your free to do what you want!

I've never put such words on my skins, but they're certainly not free to edit. Always ask the original author before editing their skin(s).
Quote from teaz-R :I've never put such words on my skins, but they're certainly not free to edit. Always ask the original author before editing their skin(s).

But don't you charge for your skins though?
I've made hundreds of public skins. It's the teamskins I won't do for free.
Quote from GFresh :But don't you charge for your skins though?

This is more a tongue-in-cheek reply to people who ask for a whole set of teamskins I think. Teaz-R has said before that any he posts up on the forums are free for public use.
Quote from teaz-R :I've made hundreds of public skins. It's the teamskins I won't do for free.

I´ts your skin? if is , can edit?
-
(teaz-R) DELETED by teaz-R : double post
#17 - Rish
Quote from teaz-R :I've never put such words on my skins, but they're certainly not free to edit. Always ask the original author before editing their skin(s).

Thats was my exact point in a previous post, the authors name is not on the skin so how can he ask if its ok!!! I would never condone editing another persons work without permission!!
He's tried to do the right thing by posting it up here to see if its ok and he's gonna give it a few days to see if the author turns up and says no or yes. what more can he do?

Me personally i wouldn't edit it with or without permission but you gotta respect the guy for at least trying to do the right thing, haven't you?
Quote from Rish :Thats was my exact point in a previous post, the authors name is not on the skin so how can he ask if its ok!!! I would never condone editing another persons work without permission!!
He's tried to do the right thing by posting it up here to see if its ok and he's gonna give it a few days to see if the author turns up and says no or yes. what more can he do?

Me personally i wouldn't edit it with or without permission but you gotta respect the guy for at least trying to do the right thing, haven't you?

If you don't know the original author and therefore can't ask for permission, then you just don't do it. Make your own skin instead..

@inouva: Not my skin
Quote from teaz-R :If you don't know the original author and therefore can't ask for permission, then you just don't do it. Make your own skin instead..

@inouva: Not my skin

The problem is , i am very very bad in Ps , all mi skin i made are a cr@p , so basicaly i wanna ask permition to the original autor of the skin if can edit

I know the best is do it for yourself , but realy all mi skins are bad =(
#20 - Rish
there is always the request section
Quote from Rish :there is always the request section

Yes , but one time i ask for 1 skin and the skin made for me is worsth that mi works
#22 - Rish
You could always approach an individual instead of leaving it open to everyone!
Quote from Bean0 :This is more a tongue-in-cheek reply to people who ask for a whole set of teamskins I think. Teaz-R has said before that any he posts up on the forums are free for public use.

Yep, lol. I had a quick look for a tongue-in-cheek smilie, but couldn't find a suitable one.
Plus, i thought that maybe people would know me by now and assume it was, as you did Bean0
There doesn't neccessarily have to be a big C on every skin file.
On the other hand you got the file as psd, so where did you get it from? I like people who at least ask for permission before they do anything with a skin... seen too many great skins (e.g. from master skinnerz like teazR) being ripped, then raped by stupid people :-)
IMO you can try and build your own skin that looks quite like the original, put some other lines and stuff on it and upload it, that way you have copied parts but not altered the skin itself.

greetz

der butz

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG