The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think it should be done first?

Complete damage model (flying parts, blowing tyres due to colisions, dead engines, etc)
Major Physics patch (Aero model, downforce dependent on ride height, etc)
Physics Fixes and corrections (Locked diff, camber change with body roll, etc)
Grafics update (better grafics, sparks, exaust flames, etc)
Sound update (5.1 support, new sound engine, etc.)
What would you like to see done first?
So... what would, in your opinion, be better to develop first? (keep in mind its not a "do this and dont do that" - the question is what to do FIRST.
#2 - dev
Damage, damage and some more damage.... That is the only thing that's really bad about LFS
You should insert the multi core support into the poll. Just an idea
Physics and some tracks from Eric
Physics, damage, fixed setups, and more tracks. (but for the purposes of the poll Physics)
My vote goes for damage
Why - well I like the idea of parts flying everywhere, wheels, spoilers etc, would be mayhem for sure, but still, it`s very needed and a cool feature.
I don`t say that it should be implented to satisfy the crashers, but because it would 1 - look good, 2 - create a new awarnes of accidents. If someone crashed and you just ignored it, you would end up with flat tyre after runing over one of the spoilers or debris on track

But, if there had been a option to chose new tracks, I would have voted that one first.
Minor physics corrections - eh, it's really good as is. I can wait for a proper major update where these minor things will be included as well.

Major physics patch (aero, etc.) - I know a thing or two about fluid dynamics. Implementing aero and not hurting performance pretty much means LFS needs multicore support. I'd guess it requires reworking a lot of things, and won't come till S3.

Damage -- I think damage could be made more proper. I recently borrowed NR2003 and blew a tire when braking too hard. It also has engine overheating. I think these features could be implemented reasonably well at this stage.

Major graphics update -- won't come till S3 Same with sound.

I voted damage.
Although I voted for proper damage, what I'd really like to be done first is much more simple.

I'd like the new GTR interiors and engine overheating adressed first.
I think the most important thing is damage.

Being able to ram walls/opposition etc. with no consequence is by a million miles the most unrealistic aspect of the simulator so far.

I will also add that I really like the aesthetics of the damage model currently. A few minor improvements to the aesthetics such as scratch marks and ability to "bend" side panels and the roof would be welcome though. Smashed glass I don't care about really. I've never seen a crash in motor-sports where glass has noticeably smashed. My guess is they use special windows that prevent this.

But more important than that is actual physical repercussions from damage. Blown tires & wrecked engines etc.
First the tires physics should be fixed (longitudinal grip at least). It will give strong basement.
Then devs can play with damage, but I'm talking about engine, brakes, aero-parts, plus more suspension damages, which for me are more important than mirrors and bumpers falling off the car.
Dynamic weather and day/night shifts!

A lot of those options are dependant on other things.
For instance, "proper" damage is pointless without aero modelling to go along with it, otherwise it's just useless cosmetics.
I also think the tyre physics would likely need redone when we have dynamic track temperatures and wet weather effects acting on them. Maybe not, but you never know.

But then the day/night shifts will require a graphic update before it'll work properly, so should that come first?

Now you see the reason Scawen doesn't publish his plans
I voted damage, but what i want most is fixed collision detection, coz sometime just a light tap on a wall or one of the signs result in the car orbiting the planet .

then i would like improved tyre and aero physics
I think the first two are equally important, moreso than damage at this stage. So, how about throwing us a track or two while those things get tweaked?
I'd like to see updates to the current physics and damage before moving on. Suspension damage alone should be more than enough to cripple all the cars in heavy impacts and the open wheel cars in virtually any contact. After that I'd like to see inter-locking wheels and anything else that can be done to make contact undesirable in closed wheel cars and race ending in the open wheelers.
i would love to see an absolutly realistic physics system, based upon physical calculus
I'd like to see Asimov's three laws of robotics apply to the AI.
Quote from Hankstar :I'd like to see Asimov's three laws of robotics apply to the AI.

i would like to see it applied to the physics:
1. it can not hurt your car
2. it must obey the players
3. it must protect itself as long as it doesn't interfere with the 1st or 2nd law...

Lol
Quote from atlantian :i would love to see an absolutly realistic physics system, based upon physical calculus

Physical Calculus (which I think you just invented) is merely an approximation. It would not be realistic in an absolute sense.

I think your shift key is broken, by the way.
i would like to see all of these (i have voted to damage)
Quote from tristancliffe :Physical Calculus (which I think you just invented) is merely an approximation. It would not be realistic in an absolute sense.

I think your shift key is broken, by the way.

nah, i just got another copy of patch y and it's fine now...
Quote from J@tko :Is that a joke?

what do you mean? i posted in another thread that i can't shift... that's what he was referring to
Quote from atlantian :what do you mean? i posted in another thread that i can't shift... that's what he was referring to

Ah - sorry.

I thought that you could fix your keyboard shift button by redownloading lfs again
^it's cool

just curious, is NR2003 by papy the holy grail with the unbelievably real physics engine?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG