The online racing simulator
Lookback of "What are you afraid of in S2"
so i figured it has been long enough and i think i should take a look at what some of yall said you were afraid of in S2 & possibly see if we can get a few laughs (then again i always laugh.. hm..)

owell, lets look through some of them:
oh heres a good one:
Quote from TakumiFujiwara : im afraid of all the s3 threads like this one that will begin to pop up

luckily we havent gotten to many of those yet lol (soon eough.. soon enough)

Quote from the_angry_angel :...yea it'll be nice not to bounce all over the track as soon as I touch a wall, but i would like to beable to drive straight...

^ sorry angel... i guess you didnt get what you wanted lol, South City in my book is bounce city

Quote from Rotary :I'm afraid my wife will leave me...

hows that goin for you rotary? wife gone yet lol? (i believe several people put that in my thread )

Quote from Bob Smith :I'm just worried it'll suck too much of my spare time and I'll fail my degree, which would not be good.

dunno bob, but you sure have put a bunch of time into all the setups and stuff for S2!

Quote from thebandit :not coming by xmas 2005 im worried about.

well.. that didnt happen lol.. still in alpha.. hm

Quote from incognito76 : I think we will see more password "public" server in S2.

gotta agree, there are alot of passworded servers nowadays

Quote from Shrek :I am afraid that I will overheat my tires after one lap...

:cookiemon (no comment lol)

Quote from Pabs(Sco) :Considering people are scared of lossers ruining races with the damage system, do you think The Clean Racers Club will be back????

well.. guess you got what you wanted pabs (thanks again tweak for making LFS online greater than all other games)

Quote from tkjode : Third: 3 words: Cops and Robbers

sad to say, i've only had two games of C&R since S2 came out, im kinda upset (one in city with turbos, and one with al heeley in UF1k @ aston) .. wheres don, you need to set CnR back up again

Quote from lfs-christian :I'm afraid of only having a half GTI when exiting the pits on SO Classic REV

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

Quote from wark :

yes.. thankyou for that there wark

Quote from Sarsipus :I'm afraid I might die before S2 is released and I'll get to heaven and even God won't have S2 yet

anyone heard from sarsipus anymore lol? i havent seen any of the SCR guys around except scotty

Quote from piddy :I have two fears ...
1. With damage being implmented I fear that some idiot's lack of skills mean they are forever crashing up the rear of people.
2. My second fear is that the idiot will be me.

i think we still suffer there lol

Quote from -B/-\cKfIrE- :1. I'm afraid of driving the RA on Fern Bay, and someone jumps the big hill and lands on my car...My car and I will get squashed.

dunno of you yet, but i've tried transporting an MRT in a UF1k once

Quote from AxeBreaker :impatient and immature racers spamming Blue flag!!!! repeatedly and not waiting till it's safe to pass.

dont have to worry about that anymore (well .. atleast hte blueflag part)

Quote from Racer Y : I'm also afraid the aluminum foil I put on the walls to block out psychic messages from Elvis and the CIA will fall down and lizards will kill me in my sleep.

i guess it hasnt fallen down yet? (hm.. we need to do something about that )

Quote from Nick_ll : - That the engines in the GTR cars sounds like BBBZZZZZZZZZ

HAR HAR HAR! another conspiracy

Quote from Vendetta : 1.Running out of gas in the middle of nowhere..what would happen? i dont wanna be road kill.

hope you've been keeping count lol.. i can think of few long races where people didn't run out of gas atleast once lol

Quote from Mogar :1- not beeing able to do descent setups like in s1.... I really don't know how to do a good setup, I always use other racers setups, almost any setup is better than mine.

once again, thanks to such a great community of LFS we have Team Inferno that can hook you up @ http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

Quote from WGooden : Nah, you'll find plenty of racers who want to really test the damage modeling when s2 comes out..

(hehe.. gooden hates the GTi today)... another conspiracy! gooden knew about team IDI!

sorry for such a long post, good reading though, hope you enjoy what you said hahah

woa.. hey, since when do we have a limit to only using 10 smilies?! (owell, sorry guys i had to take several of them out)
Possibly the best thread by you yet XCNuse, although some will argue it's still a little pointless.

Quote from XCNuse : dunno bob, but you sure have put a bunch of time into all the setups and stuff for S2!

It's ok I took a year out from Uni. It's S3 that worries me now!
To quote a friend; "best thread ev-aaar". Well not quite, but very cool having a retrospect of last year. Can we expect a similar one next year?
Quote from XCNuse :sorry angel... i guess you didnt get what you wanted lol, South City in my book is bounce city

I usually steer clear of most of the South City tracks, but I know what you mean At least we have a theory about why it happens (and potentially why is so hard to solve).

Definately a blast from the past
Luckily, im yet to run out of gas with alot of people behind me...yet
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Vendetta :Luckily, im yet to run out of gas with alot of people behind me...yet

i've probably ran out of gas near the last corner on the last lap of a few races at least 4 or 5 times.:hidesbehi then i beg somebody to push me across to the finnish.
Quote from Gabkicks :i've probably ran out of gas near the last corner on the last lap of a few races at least 4 or 5 times.:hidesbehi then i beg somebody to push me across to the finnish.

LOL yeah I've pushed at least 4 or 5 people accross the finish normally after a longer race like 20 laps or more and they run out last couple of corners
Quote from XCNuse :
i guess it hasnt fallen down yet? (hm.. we need to do something about that )

Actually, Just this morning I opened the door and a big gush of wind (the kind a BLACK HELICOPTER makes from hovering) Knocked some of the foil loose in a few places.

Now I got "Love Me Tender" stuck in my head and an iguana snuck in and is hiding under the couch!
racer y.. you have to be the only person that i know with the weirdest dellimas.. like.. ever lol.. i wonder what your neighbors think of you
Quote from Racer Y :Actually, Just this morning I opened the door and a big gush of wind (the kind a BLACK HELICOPTER makes from hovering) Knocked some of the foil loose in a few places.

Now I got "Love Me Tender" stuck in my head and an iguana snuck in and is hiding under the couch!

But so far you haven't spotted the 'agents' across the road in that blacked out c.....

DRIVE JOHNNY DRIVE, HE'S ON TO US!!!
geez, you have too much free time on your hands, XCN!
I think anyone who ever says anything at this forum has too much time on their hands Al

Good read XC!
lol so true ^

ya i was kinda bored, im making my <<<< (pointing to avatar)

and i was bored and i was thinking about racer y's "progress report" thread and just thought .. oh yea .. my S2 thread so i figured well hey, i think it would pretty interesting to see what we thought then and now

(kinda scary how some of them came out to be true ei: lfs-christian's post)
I think you're just taking a cue from tristan and boosting your post count.
Quote from XCNuse :anyone heard from sarsipus anymore lol? i havent seen any of the SCR guys around except scotty

I'm still here mate, just under a slightly different guise as my registered LFS name has always been tailing
you know, now that you point that out forbin, its kinda interesting that everyone that did talk alot at RSC .. barely talks here.. which is kinda odd imo
Quote from Gabkicks :i've probably ran out of gas near the last corner on the last lap of a few races at least 4 or 5 times.:hidesbehi then i beg somebody to push me across to the finnish.

Wow, you know, that EXACT same thing has happened to me on Aston in the FOX... A nice guy pushed me to the pits, and then I drove over the line on my own power, taking 3rd out of 12. Good stuff really.
Quote from XCNuse :anyone heard from sarsipus anymore lol? i havent seen any of the SCR guys around except scotty

I feel loved!
Since I don't have S2 yet, I can comment lol. I'm afraid that it will be hard to drive the S2 cars with the mouse.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Since I don't have S2 yet, I can comment lol. I'm afraid that it will be hard to drive the S2 cars with the mouse.

Then get an S1 license, since you'll be able to drive those cars ok. But then you're basically excluded from multiplayer...
Quote from Rotary :
I'm afraid my wife will leave me...

Well things worked out for Rotary,
his wife is expecting their first baby shortly.....

Also the reason the SCR guys dont come here much is we spend most of our forum time here:

http://arse.norbtech.com/phpBB/

All welcome, mainly LFS but other race sims and normal Australian pissing about.
#21 - Vain
I'm afraid there will be even more LFS-videos with bad background-music instead of the LFS-sounds.

Vain
Sidi
try using mates@track. that way you can find people to race with that you know. I pretty much run into the same people everyday.
Yeah it's not that they are hard to find racing online Gabkicks, it is that they DON'T race online A lot of regulars are "come and go" (sometimes hardly anytime is spent online at all, for months), and very rarely play online. Now there are a lot of new faces and names we see online, and we really just don't see the others. I think the long wait killed a lot of us, because S1 was becoming very slow for a while, and not many people were racing as much thinking S2 was about to come out. Took a long time, and I think people were afraid it would take too long.

I see a few old faces here and there active (mostly Sinbad and Moby), but.... where is Ocrana, Allian, Inferno, n!faculty, dE, even SCR????? Maybe most of them just have no interest in playing online, no support, or some of those teams are just dead and doing other things... It's a shame, I think everyone is offline hotlapping, or privately practicing for league races. I'd hate to see the online racing be spoiled by tooo many leagues, good racing is still available online you know .

Is there any possible reason or explanation those old teams have for not playing online anymore??? Come back!!!!! And don't say you're too fast, cuz you all love to race, win or lose!!!! :checkered :checkered :checkered

I am only afraid S2 will be behind with what other simulations will present us, and I hope LFS can set the standards for simulations for many years to come.... and be ahead without the devs giving themselves a belly ache
i see those guys once in a while. rarely though...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG